Subject: Interim Failover Meeting Annoucement

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 14:40:15 -0500 (EST)

Meeting Announcement:  Interim Failover Protocol Meeting

Now that it is the new year, and you all have your 1999
calendars, you can mark the dates for the interim failover
protocol meeting:

	Wednesday, February 10, 10:00 am -> ~ 6:00 pm
	Thursday, February 11, 8:30 am -> 12:30 am

We will be hosting the meeeting here at the Cisco facilites
in Chelmsford, MA.  Chelmsford is northwest of Boston at
the intersection of US 3 and I-495, and is about an hours
drive (best case) from Logan airport in downtown Boston.  

The goals of the meeting are:

  1.  Promote better understanding of the failover protocol as
  currently defined.

  2.  Review the technical correctness of the failover protocol.
  Revise the protocol as necessary to solve any problems found.

  3.  Understand requirements that are not met or concerns people
  have with the current failover protocol (or draft), and attempt
  to modify the protocol and draft to meet these requirements or
  concerns.

After the meeting, I will produce a new draft for submission
to the IETF, but due to other commitments it will not be 
available by the likely submission cutoff for Minneapolis 
IETF.  I would expect, however, to produce it in time for
distribution on the www.dhcp.org site just prior to the 
Minneapolis IETF meeting.

Anyone who may be interested in implementing the failover
protocol is strongly urged to attend, and anyone who is seriously
interested in the failover protocol is welcome.  I'm hoping for a
group of 10-15 people who can make substantial progress toward
creating a protocol that solves the problem and that we can all
live with.

------------------

If you are interested in attending this meeting, please
send me the following information for each person attending:

	Name:
	Affiliation:
	Phone number:
	Email: 
         
Please respond even if you have already responded concerning
the possibility of these dates.

-----------------

Thanks -- Kim

Kim Kinnear
Cisco Systems
300 Apollo Dr.
Chelmsford MA, 01824

(978) 244-8376
[email-masked]