Subject: Failover conference call(s)

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 11:55:56 -0500 (EST)

*****
** Conference Call Announcement to discuss the
** Failover draft -- you *must* reply to participate!
*****

We are planning to revise the failover draft again, both to
tighten up the technical details, as well as to tighten up the
text itself in an effort to shorten the draft.  The plans are to
do this well *before* the next deadline, and possibly produce two
revisions before the next IETF.

Prior to this next revision, we would like to gather what input
people wish to give on the current failover draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-failover-05.txt

In order to gather input on the latest version  of the draft
prior to the next revision, I'm proposing one (or possibly two,
if necessary) conference calls next week, the week of December
6-10, 1999.  The 12pm-3pm EST slot worked pretty well for the
folks that attended last time, although we will organize these
calls around the folks that want to attend this time.

Proposal:

     Call 1:      Tuesday, December 7, 1999 12pm-3pm EST

	and if necessary:

     Call 2:      Thursday, December 9, 1999 12pm-3pm EST

**************************************************
         Conference Call Announcement
        YOU MUST REPLY TO PARTICIPATE
**************************************************

If you want to participate, I need email from you with answers to
the following questions:

1.  Your name(s), affiliation, and TIME ZONE.

2.  The topics in the current failover draft
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-failover-05.txt)
which you would like to discuss in a conference call.  Please
order a list by priority.  Examples might be: integration with
the load balancing draft, security, how to better organize the
draft, etc.  

3.  Will Tuesday December 7, 12-3pm EST work for you, and will
Thursday December 9, 12-3pm EST work for you?  If not, please 
make some proposals.

4.  These will be toll free calls inside of the continental US.
If you are outside of the toll free area, and would need
financial assistance as a condition of participation in such a
call, please mention that and we'll see what we can work out.

Send your reply *only* to [email-masked] (i.e., don't reply
to the whole dhcp-v4 list!).

************************************************

Along about Thursday, December 2, I'll let all of the respondents
know if the proposed dates worked, schedule the actual phone
calls if they did, and distribute the phone numbers.

Cheers -- Kim

Kim Kinnear
Cisco Systems
Chelmsford, MA 01824

(978) 244-8376
[email-masked]