Subject: [dhcwg] DHCP Client

From: Prakash P <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:59:21 +0530

How the DHCP client in Linux pass the network parameters that it get's from
the DHCP server to the clients like NFS client, TFTP client and NTP client?

1.	DHCP client will get the NFS related information from the DHCP
server, like server address and the directory to mount. How this information
will be passed on to the NFS client on the Linux box to mount the remote
directory from the server? (In a diskless client)

2.	DHCP client will get the TFTP related information from the DHCP
server like Server address and the path of the image file to boot/load. How
this information will be passed on to the TFTP client on the Linux box
during the remote booting (In a diskless client)

3.	DHCP client will get the NTP related information from the DHCP
server like NTP server address. How this information will be passed on to
the NTP client on the Linux box to synchronize the Time with the server.

Thanks and Regards 
Prakash P 
Kshema Technologies Ltd., 
Kshema Dhama, Bangalore 
Board No:- 91-80-8603600-10, Extn:- 1200

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg