Subject: [dhcwg] Techincal Question

From: "ade a" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:11:18 +0000

Wonder if you can help in anyway.

I have a strange question that has just been put to me.
Windows 2000 server DHCP.

A colleague of mine says that he has set up his DHCP server to grant 1 user 
a permanent address, all other users are given the usual DHCP released 
address's, what he wants to know is how can he prove that he assigned this 
IP address to that certain user, in other words can we prove it is tied to 
that certain users MAC address.
He said he assigned the IP Address in January so can you think of any way I 
can or we can prove this from the DHCP server, either an audit or command or 
something.

Any help appreciated, urgently.

Thankyou in advance.

Adrian.

_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg