Subject: [dhcwg] Prefix delegation issues from Minneapolis

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 07:59:11 -0500

A couple of issues came out of the discussion of the prefix delegation 
option in Minneapolis:

* Disallow reassigning delegated prefix on upstream link (and
   should this restriction be configurable?)
* Allow use of DHCP on NBMA links by reserving a well-known
   anycast address for client->server messages
* Devise a mechanism for prefix delegation through a two-message
   exchange
* Write a specification for a simplified version of DHCP that
   meets the requirements for prefix delegation; this simplified
   protocol needs a name that doesn't include the word "Host"

I'll kick off discussion on these issues in separate messages on the 
[email-masked] mailing list.

- Ralph

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg