Subject: [dhcwg] DHCP Client

From: Prakash P <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 08:58:44 +0530

Hi,

In Linux operating system, Where the DHCP client stores the information
about DNS like DNS server address, domain name etc which it get's from the
DHCP server. If the Linux box which is acting like a DHCP client, wants to
browse the internet, then the DNS client on the same box from where it will
get the DNS server address to resolve the FQDN?

Thanks and Regards 
Prakash P 
Kshema Technologies Ltd., 
Kshema Dhama, Bangalore 
Board No:- 91-80-8603600-10, Extn:- 1200

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:01:34 -0600

Normally the Linux dhcp client will write a /etc/resolv.conf file based on 
the information sent by the DHCP server, and the DNS resolver on Linux will 
use the information in the /etc/resolv.conf to satisfy DNS lookup requests.