Subject: [dhcwg] dhc-mip-fa draft

From: Sivasundar Ramamurthy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:09:54 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am a Mobile IP implementor and am quite a novice in DHC. I missed
asking this question during the WG session this morning.

Does the information about the FA in the FA Option include any dynamic
info, like challenge values (or even busy bit)?

If so, then it seems that the DHCP server needs to maintain a dynamic
info base for the FA. If this is implicit, then is the mechnism to
update the FA info at the DHCP server left as an implementation issue?

thanks!

Siva

ps: I am not part of the DHC mailing list, so please include my email
address in your reply!

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "Henrik Levkowetz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:57:56 +0100

Hi Siva,

	Good question.

	The information could contain dynamic information, if the DHCP
server had that dynamic information (by being co-located with the FA for
instance), but generally I would not expect the information to be dynamic.
If a challenge was needed, I'd let that be a stale challenge, and let
the FA provide a fresh challenge together with the rejection due to the
stale challenge. Not necessarily pretty or optimal, but simple, and it
will work.

	I would not expect a generic DHCP server to provide dynamic
information, and do not expect to define any method or protocol to
provide dynamic FA information to the DHCP server.

	Best regards,
		Henrik