Subject: [dhcwg] Asian messages

From: "Glenn Waters"<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:53:39 -0400

Is it just me or is everyone seeing the Asian spam that seems to be hitting
this list very hard? If so, can this list be made open only to subscribers?

Cheers, /gww

---

From: Richard Barr Hibbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 08:18:24 -0700

alternatively, if the "From" address showed the original sender rather than
the DHC Working Group then we could filter these messages

and those of you using Microsoft Outlook might consider submitting an
enhancement request that requests the ability to filter mail on the "Sender"
and "Reply-to" fields in addition to the "From" field -- a few hundred or
thousand requests might convince the product manager that such features
could be very useful

--Barr

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Glenn
Waters
  Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 06:54

  Is it just me or is everyone seeing the Asian spam that seems to be
hitting this list very hard? If so, can this list be made open only to
subscribers?

---

From: Vernon Schryver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:40:36 -0600 (MDT)

> From: Richard Barr Hibbs <[email-masked]>

> hitting this list very hard? If so, can this list be made open only to

It's not just this IETF mailing list.

Rejecting mail by the mailing list system with these Content-Type
values in the headers would go a long way to fixing the problem:

    Content-Type: text/html; charset="ks_c_5601-1987"
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=KS_C_5601-1987
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=euc-kr
    Content-Type: text/html; charset="ISO-2022-KR"

Regardless of other considerations, mail encoded in those character
sets does not belong in mailing lists intended for international
audiences.

Vernon Schryver    [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg