Subject: [dhcwg] dhcpv6-24: Security considerations

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:08:02 -0400

Review comments on some security  aspects:

> 21. Authentication of DHCP messages

> the replay detection method, which only requires a monotonically
> increasing value, seems trivial to spoof.  and the main auth
> method, delayed authentication, relies on distribution of
> preconfigured shared keys, yet 21.5.4 provides no key roll-over
> mechanism (attack by ex-employee), and admits to not scaling well
> and not supporting roamers.  none of these issues are mentioned in
> the security section.

Makes sense to me.

> 23. Security Considerations

> should this not discuss where section 21 is weak?

yes, or point to the text that does.

Thomas

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg