Subject: [dhcwg] thought you might know...

From: "Dan Clemens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:41:48 -0700

From what I see on your web page you are the folks how establish the
standards for DHCP.  Sorry to bother you with what I am sure is a basic
question but I have been searching for days now and can not find the
information I need.

What I would like to know is if there is a way to find out what IP addresses
DHCP has assigned to each of the clients on a network.  I know I can go to
each of the individual stations an get the info via IPCONFIG but several of
the devices on my network do not have a user interface.  One of these
devices on my network is a wireless bridge. It's configuration can be
managed via it's IP and a web browser.  But since it is dynamically assigned
I do not know it's IP (without attaching a laptop to it) and can not access
the configuration page via my browser.

I have thought of writing a script using ping to poll each address in the
range of the subnet mask but this seems kind of cumbersome and I do not want
to upset my ISP by accidentally doing something that may be illegal.

I am frustrated after the years of training I have had an the certifications
I still don't have the information I need!

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg