Subject: [dhcwg] Protocol Action: Encoding Long DHCP Options to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 11:06:12 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Encoding Long DHCP Options'
<draft-ietf-dhc-concat-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This document
is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group.  The
IESG contact persons are Erik Nordmark and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
This document specifies the processing rules for DHCP options that
appear multiple times in the same message. The need to send multiple
instances of the same option occurs when an option exceeds 255 octets
in size (the maximum size of a single option) or when an option needs
to be split apart in order that it place it within a DHCP packet in
the "file" or "sname" field. When multiple instances of the same
option appear in a packet, the contents of the option are concatenated
together prior to processing.

Working Group Summary

There was support for this document in the WG and no issues were
raised during the Last Call.

Protocol Quality

This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg