Subject: [dhcwg] draft-ietf-dhc-leasequery-07.txt

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:16:31 -0500

Folks,

In an extended email discussion with Thomas Narten about the leasequery
draft, the following changes were made to the draft in an attempt to
elicit his approval and support for the draft, resulting in:

draft-ietf-dhc-leasequery-07.txt

Significant changes:
--------------------

    1.  The MAC address and client-id option query approaches to
    DHCPLEASEQUERY were changed from optional to required parts of every
    DHCPLEASEQUERY implementation.

    2.  The DHCPLEASEKNOWN message name was changed to
    DHCPLEASEUNASSIGNED.

Minor Changes:
--------------

    1.  The MUST/SHOULD language in the overview was removed, since it
    is only an overview.

    2.  Added a table of contents.

    3.  Modified the abstract to that it is not identical to the intro.

    4.  Removed primary and secondary DHCP server definitions.

    5.  Fixed the transition to paragraph starting "An alternative
    approach...".

    6.  Added language to the draft to suggest that we are asking for
    only slightly more information to be kept in a lease binding than
    RFC2131.

    7.  Added language to discuss lifetimes for cacheing DHCPLEASEQUERY
    information.

    8.  Changed SHOULD NOT to MUST NOT with respect to adding additional
    options to a DHCPLEASEKNOWN message.

    9.  Removed all references to failover draft.

    10.  Suggested using relay agent authentication in security section.

    11.  Discussed spoofed DHCPLEASEQUERY messages in security section.

    12.  Discussed use of giaddr as a return address, and how this is
    not different than RFC2131.

    13.  Discussed that the saved relay agent option should be used to
    decide which options would have been returned to the DHCP client.

    14.  Correctly minor spelling and grammar mistakes.

---------------------------------

Cheers -- Kim

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg