Subject: RE: Meetings during 50th IETF in Minneapolis

From: Bernie Volz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 20:23:34 -0500

Ralph:

Considering that we're trying to close on DHCPv6 about the time of this
meeting, might it be worth while considering two sessions for DHCPv6 to
assure we have sufficient time to discuss issues? I guess at worst we can
always cancel the 2nd meeting if not needed (though it might waste a
valuable time slot).

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Droms [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2001 3:22 PM
To: DHCPv6 discussion list
Subject: Meetings during 50th IETF in Minneapolis

I'm about to submit a request for meeting slots for the DHC WG in 
Minneapolis.  I expect we will meet twice - once for DHCPv4 and once for 
DHCPv6.  If you have any specific conflicts with other WGs that you would 
like to avoid, please let me know.

- Ralph

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 22:07:38 -0500

> always cancel the 2nd meeting if not needed (though it might waste a

At the SD IETF, all slots were used and some requests for meeting
slots were turned away. I don't expect the situation to get better
anytime soon. :-(

Getting 3 slots for DHCP just won't happen.

Thomas

---

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 23:34:32 -0500 (EST)

Another option is to try to find a night when nothing is happening. There
are lots of non-formal meetings going on.  I used these for BIND V9 stuff
a few years ago at meetings and it worked.  I think Bernie has a good
point if we can figure it out.

/jim

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 07:03:22 -0500

> Another option is to try to find a night when nothing is happening.

Good luck. :-)

Actually, meeting informally during the week of course can be
done. But I'm also wondering why more than 2 hours of face-to-face
time is needed *in Minneapolis*. I've been assuming that with all the
recent progress that more stuff would be worked out before
Minneapolis, with even fewer open items still in place then. I'd
rather see more emphasis on working more out sooner.

Thomas

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 07:19:54 -0500

Speaking as draft editor and WG chair, I expect the Minneapolis DHCPv6 
meeting to go much like the San Diego meeting - we will be confirming WG 
consensus on changes to the draft since the San Diego meeting.  My 
expectation is to have come to resolution of remaining issues - through the 
mailing list and one or two design team teleconferences - prior to meeting 
in Minneapolis.

- Ralph

At 07:03 AM 1/12/01 -0500, you wrote:
>time is needed *in Minneapolis*.