Subject: Cisco's current version of leasequery message

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 14:03:21 -0500

Folks,

One of the action items I took away with me from San Deigo IETF
concerned the LEASEQUERY message/draft.  We (Cisco) have
implemented something essentially similar to the current
leasequery draft in shipping hardware and software -- but the
correspondence to the latest leasequery draft is growing less and
less as the draft itself evolves.  Ultimately we will bring our
implementation back into conformance with the draft/RFC, but we
will wait until the rate of change lessens.

Ted Lemon asked me in the DHC WG meeting if I would circulate
information as to what the Cisco hardware and software currently
in the field does concerning leasequery.  I said yes, so here it
is.  The following URL is a link to an appendix of a Cisco manual
where the current approach we use is explained with moderate
(though not extreme) clarity:

http://www.cisco.com
/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/ciscoasu/nr/nr50/cliref/clie.htm

Cheers - Kim