Subject: Changing the subnet that all machines exist on.

From: "Anthony L. Sollars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:48:17 -0800

Hello Everyone,

	I was wondering how I would, using DHCP, change all our dhcp using
workstations to a class B subnet from a class C subnet. I currently have a
windows NT domain with PDC & BDC. The DHCP server is on the PDC, plus each
of these servers are statically adressed along with the mail and file
servers. All oher machines get their IP info from DHCP. Right now the
network is addressed with a class C subnet 10.0.0.x/255.255.255.0, which was
instituted before I got here. I need to switch to a class B subnet, because
we are running out of IP's. How can I do this using DHCP server, so clients
automatically convert to the new subnet 10.1.x.x/255.255.0.0 ? Do I need to
use some kind of DHCP relay server or multihomed server? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Anthony L. Sollars
System/Network Administrator
[email-masked]

Applied Inference Inc.
1756 114th Avenue SE
Bellevue, Wa 98004
(425) 688-9921