Subject: Implementing support for Option 82

From: "Bud Millwood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 10:51:16 +0100

Not sure if my previous question was unclear. I think some of you have
implemented support for this option in your servers, so maybe I can get some
guidance...

It says:
       In general, the DHCP server may be extended to maintain a database
with the
       "triplet" of (client IP address,  client MAC address,  client remote
ID)

But it also says:

       Servers MAY use the Circuit ID for IP and other parameter assignment
       policies.

After re-reading RFC 3046 it seems that in order to say I support it I
should be able to, at a minimum, limit leases by Remote ID or by Circuit ID.

Does this seem like a sound approach?

Bud Millwood
Weird Solutions, Inc.
http://www.weird-solutions.com
tel: +46 70 566 7803
fax: +46 8 758 3687
mailto:[email-masked]