Subject: DHCPv6 is really needed

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:59:54 -0600

Folks,

The attached specs all require DHCPv6.  In addition it appears now Stateful
IPv6 Autoconfiguration is taking on many new needs.  Two key examples are
that 3GPP and Optical Access Networks at the Customer Premise will both need
DHCPv6 to configure addresses and provide other parameters.   DHCPv6 will
show up in those respective standards bodies out of the IETF too along with
the other IETF IPv6 specifications.  We really need to ship a first cut
completed spec to get Proposed Standard status and get implementations
moving.  The market is ready.

draft-ietf-ngtrans-dstm-04.txt
draft-ietf-ngtrans-dstmext1-aiih-00.txt
draft-ietf-ngtrans-siit-dstm-00.txt
draft-shin-dstm-single-ipv4-00.txt
draft-tsao-mobileip-dualstack-model-02.txt
draft-dupont-mipv6-aaa-00.txt
draft-ietf-ngtrans-v4-over-mipv6-00.txt

regards,
/jim