Subject: DHCPv6 spec and design team meeting

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 16:36:01 -0500

I completed a -18 rev of the DHCPv6 spec, with changes based on comments by 
Francis DuPont.  I submitted it to the IETF and received an ack, but it 
hasn't been announced.  Until it's available at ietf.org, you can get a 
copy at www.dhcp.org.

There will be a design team teleconference to discuss the remaining open 
issues in the spec on Wednesday, March 14 from noon to 3PM EST.  Cisco will 
arrange for phone conferencing and will be happy to reimburse anyone for 
phone expenses incurred in joining the conference.  Please contact me for 
information about participating in the teleconference.

Here's a tentative bullet list of discussion topics for the 3/14 
teleconference:

* IA identification
   - globally unique DUID scheme
   - identify IA by <prefix, DUID> or DUID
* Reconfigure
   - authentication semantics (Narten proposal)
   - multicast reconfigure authentication
* Anonymous addresses
* Additional options
   - What options are required in base spec?
   - Delete control of operational parameters by server

- Ralph

---

From: "Thirumalesh Bhat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 13:46:02 -0800

Ralph, I and a couple of others here are interested in joining this
teleconference. Let me know the teleconference number.

thx

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Droms [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2001 1:36 PM
To: DHCPv6 discussion list
Subject: DHCPv6 spec and design team meeting

I completed a -18 rev of the DHCPv6 spec, with changes based on comments
by 
Francis DuPont.  I submitted it to the IETF and received an ack, but it 
hasn't been announced.  Until it's available at ietf.org, you can get a 
copy at www.dhcp.org.

issues in the spec on Wednesday, March 14 from noon to 3PM EST.  Cisco
will 
arrange for phone conferencing and will be happy to reimburse anyone for

phone expenses incurred in joining the conference.  Please contact me
for 
information about participating in the teleconference.

* IA identification

- Ralph