Subject: more than one dhcp server on th same machine

From: JTACULOJ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:40:55 +0100

Hi all,

 I have the following configuration. we have more than 8 remote 
networks, each of then with their own C classs address range.

 Every network is connected throught a cisco router that uses ip 
helpper-address to ask for ip address to a dhcp server. Questions:
 
 1) Can i have a single dhcp server that manage connections from 
clients and give them an IP of their range depending on source Router 
IP.

 2) If I have two networks attached to the same router how can i give 
clients a ip of their range ( different DHCP server?, one for each )

 3) If i do, so can I have two or more DHCP instances on the same 
server (with different IP address (aliases), and different 
configuration Files on the same Machine).

 4) Is this possible in a Linux Enviroment

 Any help would be apreciated, i think we are on trouble

 Thanks

 Jorge Cuesta López

 ___________________________________________________________________ 
Consigue tu e-mail gratuito TERRA.ES
 Haz clic en http://www.terra.es/correo/