Subject: [dhcwg] Last call on two DHCPv6 docs

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 05:30:54 -0400

These two docs were originally part of the DHCPv6 draft that went through 
WG last call:

draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-dnsconfig-01.txt
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-dstm-01.txt

Unless there is an objection by 5PM Wed, 5/8, I will request IETF last call 
on these docs.

- Ralph Droms

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "Vijayabhaskar A K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 18:27:21 +0530

The Domain Name Server option MUST appear only in the following
   messages: Solicit, Advertise, Request, Confirm, Renew, Rebind,
   Information-Request, Reply.

The Domain Search List option MUST appear only in the following
   messages: Solicit, Advertise, Request, Confirm, Renew, Rebind,
   Information-Request, Reply.

Do these options really need to appear in all the above mesg types?
Because, for all the messages originating from client, ORO option
filled with DNS server/ Domain Search list option number will do.
If there are muliple options the client is requesting, this
will save some bytes also, if ORO is used for this.
I feel that only in Reply message, this is needed.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> Ralph Droms
> Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 3:01 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [dhcwg] Last call on two DHCPv6 docs
> 
>