Subject: RE: [dhcwg]Commentsondraft-cadar-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-email-00.txt/draft-cadar-dhc-opt-imap-00.txt

From: "Cristian Cadar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:35:40 +0100

Ted - I think most of the problems arise from the fact that there are
not too many available Email applications which can be configured via
the OS using the information given by the DHCP client. How frequently
this option is used depends on the capabilities of the Email clients to
interact with the DHCP client. This situation might change in the
future.

Cristian

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Ted Lemon
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re:
[dhcwg]Commentsondraft-cadar-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-email-00.txt/draft-cadar-dhc
-opt-imap-00.txt

Christian, I think the question Bernie is asking is, do you know of a 
single specific case where this option is used?   For example, are you 
using it?   If so, how?   Answering these questions, while it doesn't 
tell us everything we need to know, at least gives us a place to start.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:52:52 -0600

On Mar 10, 2005, at 3:35 AM, Cristian Cadar wrote:
> I think most of the problems arise from the fact that there are

Then the future is when we should be considering adding an option.   I 
can't think of any valid application for getting a SMTP server's IP 
address from a DHCP server, V4 or V6.