Subject: [dhcwg] (no subject)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 14:07:09 -0400

Hello DHC WG and IANA, 

Regarding RFC 3942, this is to document our (Mitel Networks) use of DHCP 
options 128-135 in the current vendor-specific range, and to request these 
be placed on the "Tentatively Assigned"  list.

Our usage is as follows.  All are related to configuration of IP Phones 
(and similar devices) in a VoIP network. 

Option    Usage
======    =====
128       TFPT Server IP address (for IP Phone - specific sw load)
129       Call Server IP address
130       Discrimination string (to identify vendor)
131       Remote statistics server IP address
132       802.1P VLAN ID
133       802.1Q L2 Priority
134       Diffserv Code Point
135       HTTP Proxy for phone-specific applications

Please confirm that these will go on the Tentatively Assigned list (or 
perhaps some already are). 

Also, it is not completely clear whether an I-D documenting this same 
information is or is not required.  We are currently looking at getting 
away from this scheme, in favor of better defined / standardized 
vendor-specific methods.  Given this, and the high likelihood of clashes 
over the same options wanted for use by others, we do not currently intend 
to pursue standardization of these options.  Is an I-D required to 
complete the process of putting the options on the Tentatively Assigned 
list? 

While we're on it, is there already, or will there be, a definitive list 
of all the options in Tentatively Assigned state? 

Regards,
Peter Blatherwick
Sr. Solutions Architect,
Mitel Networks
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg