Subject: [dhcwg] Issue 33: Clarification of DHCP Interaction

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:44:51 -0700 (PDT)

Issue 33: Clarification of DHCP Interaction
Submitter name: James Carlson
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: October 12, 2005
Reference: 
Document: DNA-16
Comment type: T
Priority: S
Section: Various
Rationale/Explanation of issue: 

In Section 2.1, change:

"In situations where more than one network is available on a given
link, or the network configuration has changed, it is possible for
the host to confirm more than one configuration. For example, it is
possible that one or more reachability test(s) succeed, and in
addition, configuration is provided via DHCPv4. In this case, a
DNAv4 implementation SHOULD prefer the configuration provided via
DHCPv4."

To:

"In situations where both DNAv4 and DHCP are used on the same link, it
is possible that the reachability test will complete successfully,
and then DHCP will complete later with a different result. If this
happens, the implementation SHOULD abandon the reachability test
results and use the DHCP result instead.

Note that it's not possible to get more than one reachability test
response on a given link, because the first one is the only one that
should be accepted. Once a valid reachability test response is
received, validation is complete, and additional responses (if any)
should be discarded."

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg