Subject: [dhcwg] draft-forte-dhc-passive-dad-00.txt

From: Andrea G Forte <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:37:25 -0400

Dear all,

We have submitted a new internet draft to the dhc working group. This 
draft introduces a new DAD procedure which also takes into consideration 
time constrains for real-time applications in mobile environments.
Please note that as for now, the draft refers to DHCPv4 only. Possible 
extensions to DHCPv6 will follow if the present draft receives good 
feedback from the internet community. Abstract and pointer to the draft 
are at the bottom of this email.
We would appreciate any feedback and comments.

Sincerely,
Andrea G. Forte
-----------

ABSTRACT:  In a Layer 3 (L3) handoff procedure, one of the biggest 
components in terms of delay is introduced by the DHCP address 
acquisition time required for obtaining a valid IP address for the new 
subnet. Duplicate Address Detection (DAD) is the most time consuming 
part of the whole DHCP procedure. In this document we propose a new DAD 
scheme which has been proven to be effective without introducing any 
significant delay. By using such a scheme we can avoid duplicate address 
and at the same time keep the address acquisition time in the order of a 
few milliseconds. Using the new procedure will also permit to detect an 
unauthorized use of a particular IP address even if no duplicate IP has 
yet occurred.

LINK
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/idindex.cgi?command=id_detail&id=13702

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg