Subject: [dhcwg] Last Call: 'DHCPv6 Relay Agent Remote ID Option' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 13:30:07 -0400

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG to 
consider the following document:

- 'DHCPv6 Relay Agent Remote ID Option '
   <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-remoteid-00.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2005-10-18.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-remoteid-00.txt

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:58:43 +0200

In your previous mail you wrote:

   
=> I have a little concern about this I-D: one usage is to encode
the '"user name" prompted for by a Remote Access Server' so it
can conflict with draft-ietf-dhc-v6-relay-radius-01.txt when
the RADIUS User-Name attribute can be transmitted to the DHCPv6 server.

I don't believe this is a big issue but it should be clear in at least
one of the two I-Ds what is the preferred way to transmit the NAS
authentication to the DHCPv6 server. IMHO the RADIUS way is better
when it is available, so this is what I implemented.

Regards

[email-masked]

PS: this issue doesn't exist for DHCPv4 because RFC 4014 is an extension
of RFC 3046.