Subject: [dhcwg] Document Action: 'Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Options Used by PXELINUX' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 11:47:16 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Options Used by PXELINUX '
   <draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-03.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document describes the use by PXELINUX of some DHCP Option Codes
  numbering from 208-211.  These codes were historically designated
  'Site Local', but are presently being made available for allocation
  as standard DHCP Options.

Working Group Summary
 
  The draft has only been reviewed by a few key WG members. The chairs
  believe this is sufficient since this is an informational document
  describing current common usage of some of the previously site-specific
  DHCP option codes. The process of recording such usage of the
  previously site-specific option codes are in line with RFC 3942.
  Some minor changes were suggested during wglc of revision 01, which
  are incorporated in revision 02. The designer and implementer of these
  options were also involved in producing and reviewing the document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  Jari Arkko has reviewed this specification for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg