Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dhc-duid-uuid-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 08:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Definition of the UUID-based DHCPv6 Unique Identifier (DUID-UUID)
	Author(s)       : T. Narten, J. Johnson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-duid-uuid-03.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2011-02-04

This document defines a new DHCPv6 Unique Identifier (DUID) type,
called DUID-UUID.  DUID-UUIDs are derived from the already
standardized UUID format.  DUID-UUID makes it possible for devices to
use UUIDs to identify themselves to DHC servers and vice versa.
UUIDs are globally unique and readily available on many systems,
making them convenient identifiers to leverage within DHCP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-duid-uuid-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 15:39:21 -0500

DHC Chairs,

This version incorporates comments from Thomas Huth and Stephen Jacob
during the WGLC.

AFAIK, there are no outstanding issues with this document.

Is there anything else that needs to be done? Or can we pass it on to
the IESG for further processing?

Thomas

[email-masked] writes:

> --NextPart

> --NextPart
> Content-Type: Message/External-body; name="draft-ietf-dhc-duid-uuid-03.txt";
> 	site="ftp.ietf.org"; access-type="anon-ftp";
> 	directory="internet-drafts"

> Content-Type: text/plain
> Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

> --NextPart
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> Content-Disposition: inline

> _______________________________________________
> dhcwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

> --NextPart--