Subject: [dhcwg] Protocol Action: 'Relay-Supplied DHCP Options' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-relay-supplied-options-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:18:21 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Relay-Supplied DHCP Options'
  (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-relay-supplied-options-09.txt) as a Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-relay-supplied-options/

Technical Summary 

    This document proposes an extention to the DHCP protocol which
    allows a relay agent along the path to the DHCP server to propose
    options that will be sent to the client, in cases where the relay
    agent has configuration information relevant to the client that
    can't be conveniently configured on the DHCP server.

Working Group Summary 
    This document appeared in the working group at the beginning of
    2008.  There has been substantial review of this document.

Document Quality 
    The document has undergone careful review, and the working
    group is satisfied with its quality.

Personnel
    The document shepherd is John Brzozowski <[email-masked]>.  The
    responsible Area Director is Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>.

RFC Editor Note

Please make the following change in section 5:

OLD:

  Relay agents that have this configuration parameter and that are
  configured to enable this behavior MUST silently discard any Relay-
  Forward packet that contains a Relay-Supplied Options option.
    
NEW:

  Relay agents that have this configuration parameter and that are
  configured to disable forwarding of a Relay-Forward message
  containing a Relay-Supplied Options option MUST silently discard
  any such packet.