Subject: [dhcwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-reconfigure-rebind-09.txt> (Rebind Capability in DHCPv6 Reconfigure Messages) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 08:36:35 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'Rebind Capability in DHCPv6 Reconfigure Messages'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-reconfigure-rebind-09.txt> as a Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-04-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC 3315 to allow the Rebind message type to
   appear in the Reconfigure Message option of a Reconfigure message,
   which extends the Reconfigure message to allow a DHCPv6 server to
   cause a DHCPv6 client to send a Rebind message.  The document also
   clarifies how a DHCPv6 client responds to a received Reconfigure
   message.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-reconfigure-rebind/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-reconfigure-rebind/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.