Subject: [dhcwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-relay-id-suboption-11.txt> (The DHCPv4 Relay Agent Identifier Suboption) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 08:20:00 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'The DHCPv4 Relay Agent Identifier Suboption'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-relay-id-suboption-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-01-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft defines a new Relay Agent Identifier suboption for the
   Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol's (DHCP) Relay Agent Information
   option.  The suboption carries a value that uniquely identifies the
   relay agent device within the administrative domain.  The value is
   normally administratively-configured in the relay agent.  The
   suboption allows a DHCP relay agent to include the identifier in the
   DHCP messages it sends.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-relay-id-suboption/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-relay-id-suboption/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.