Subject: [dhcwg] Protocol Action: 'DHCPv6 Redundancy Deployment Considerations' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-redundancy-consider-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 09:48:31 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DHCPv6 Redundancy Deployment Considerations'
  (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-redundancy-consider-03.txt) as Best Current
Practice

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-redundancy-consider/

Technical Summary

   This document documents deployment scenarios for installing
   redundant stateful DHCPv6 servers so as to provide fault tolerance.

Working Group Summary

   This document received a thorough review by the WG, and had broad
   support.

Document Quality

   The document is written by DHCPv6 service operators and DHCPv6
   protocol implementers, and is based on operational experience.

Personnel

   Ted Lemon <[email-masked]> is the Document Shepherd.  Ralph
   Droms <[email-masked]> is the Responsible AD.