Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 6842 on Client Identifier Option in DHCP Server Replies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 13:41:00 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6842

        Title:      Client Identifier Option in DHCP 
                    Server Replies 
        Author:     N. Swamy,
                    G. Halwasia,
                    P. Jhingran
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 10030
        Updates:    RFC2131

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-client-id-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6842.txt

This document updates RFC 2131 "Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol"
by addressing the issues arising from that document's specification
that the server MUST NOT return the 'client identifier' option to the
client.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC