Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-option-guidelines-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 04:53:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Guidelines for Creating New DHCPv6 Options
	Author(s)       : David W. Hankins
                          Tomek Mrugalski
                          Marcin Siodelski
                          Sheng Jiang
                          Suresh Krishnan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-option-guidelines-12.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2013-06-29

Abstract:
   This document provides guidance to prospective DHCPv6 Option
   developers to help them creating option formats that are easily
   adoptable by existing DHCPv6 software.  This document updates
   RFC3315.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-option-guidelines

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-option-guidelines-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-option-guidelines-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 14:04:31 +0200

Hi,
After a long time (sorry about the delay), option-guidelines-12 has been
uploaded. It contains quite a few changes proposed during last WGLC and
follow-up discussions:

- Option format with URI added
- Option format with text string added
- Section 13 "Chartering Requirements and Advice for Responsible ADs"
  added
- Section 14 "Considerations for Creating New Formats" added
- Discussion about option size added
- Introduced singleton option concept
- Option order irrelevance clarified
- Many smaller editorial changes

Since the changes are somewhat substantial, a new WGLC is appropriate.
As I'm co-author of this draft, I'd like to ask Bernie to call WGLC and
gauge consensus once it is finished.

Thanks,
Tomek

On 29.06.2013 13:53, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dhcwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg
>