Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 6977 on Triggering DHCPv6 Reconfiguration from Relay Agents

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 12:12:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6977

        Title:      Triggering DHCPv6 Reconfiguration from Relay 
                    Agents 
        Author:     M. Boucadair, X. Pougnard
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 29769
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-triggered-reconfigure-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6977.txt

This document defines two new DHCPv6 messages: Reconfigure-Request
and Reconfigure-Reply.  The Reconfigure-Request message is sent by a
DHCPv6 relay agent to notify a DHCPv6 server about a configuration
information change, so that the DHCPv6 server can send a Reconfigure
message accordingly.  The Reconfigure-Reply message is used by the
server to acknowledge the receipt of the Reconfigure-Request message.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC