Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 05:15:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DHCPv6 Failover Design
	Author(s)       : Tomasz Mrugalski
                          Kim Kinnear
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design-03.txt
	Pages           : 60
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   DHCPv6 defined in [RFC3315] does not offer server redundancy.  This
   document defines a design for DHCPv6 failover, a mechanism for
   running two servers on the same network with capability for either
   server to take over clients' leases in case of server failure or
   network partition.  This is a DHCPv6 Failover design document, it is
   not protocol specification document.  It is a second document in a
   planned series of three documents.  DHCPv6 failover requirements are
   specified in [I-D.ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-requirements].  A protocol
   specification document is planned to follow this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 18:15:37 +0200

Finally, Kim and I found some time to revive this draft. It hopefully
addresses all comments received since it was presented in Atlanta. In
our opinion, the draft is ready. As I'm co-author of this drafts, I'd
like to ask Bernie to announce WGLC and later gauge consensus on this work.

Thanks,
Tomek

On 15.07.2013 14:15, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dhcwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg
>