Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 03:57:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DHCPv4 over DHCPv6 Transport
	Author(s)       : Qi Sun
                          Yong Cui
                          Marcin Siodelski
                          Suresh Krishnan
                          Ian Farrer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism for obtaining IPv4 address and
   other parameters in IPv6 networks by carrying DHCPv4 messages over
   DHCPv6 transport.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Marcin Siodelski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 13:18:11 +0200

Hi All,

Summary of changes between -00 and -01 of
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-overs-dhcpv6:

1) Added option sent by the DHCPv6 server to enable DHCPv4-over-DHCPv6 on
the client
2) Added option sent by the DHCPv6 server to instruct a client to use
unicast address of the DHCPv4-over-DHCPv6 servers
3) Renamed 'Unified Server' to '4o6 Server' and define the terms 'DHCP
client' and '4o6 Server' in Terminology
4) Add a new section of 'New DHCPv6 Messages' to specify the newly defined
BOOTREQUESTV6 and BOOTREPLYV6 messages
5) Remove explanations about '4o6 Server' in Architecture Overview (as it
is defined in Terminology)
6) In the section of Client Behavior, specify the transmission of
BOOTREQUESTV6 message follows that in RFC3315.
7) Add reference to the  [draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-unknown-msg-00] in the
section of Relay Agent Behaviors.
8) Specify in the Section of Relay Agent Behavior that Multiple relaying
hops are not considered in the case of separate relay destinations, rather
than 'in the document'.
9) In the section of Server Behavior, specify the transmission of
BOOTREPLYV6 message follows that in RFC3315.

Please review the new version of the document and post your comments.

Cheers,
Marcin

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 12:57 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> dhcwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg
>