Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-solmaxrt-update-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 01:13:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Modification to Default Values of SOL_MAX_RT and INF_MAX_RT
	Author(s)       : Ralph Droms
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-solmaxrt-update-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   This document updates RFC 3315 by redefining the default values for
   SOL_MAX_RT and INF_MAX_RT, and defining options through which a
   DHCPv6 server can override the client's default value for SOL_MAX_RT
   and INF_MAX_RT with a new value.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-solmaxrt-update

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-solmaxrt-update-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-solmaxrt-update-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:29:47 +0000

I like the new version, but the requirements language for min and max values needs to be enforced in the Client Behavior section:

   The client MUST silently ignore any SOL_MAX_RT or INF_MAX_RT values
   that are less than 60 or more than 86400.

Otherwise the stated limits are somewhat toothless... :)