Subject: [dhcwg] DHCPv6 is 10 years old

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 13:01:27 +0200

Folks,
It's hard to believe, but DHCPv6 was published exactly 10 years ago!

Here's the original announcement:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dhcwg/current/msg02263.html

Personally I think that's a protocol that withstood the trial of time.
During that time all sorts of extensions and mechanisms were developed
that are based on the base spec, yet very few corrections and updates.
There are tons of various implementations - hardware, software, open
source, commercial, from embedded miniatures that are only 23KB in size
to huge enterprise grade provisioning solutions handling millions of
devices, from hobby projects to huge commercial projects will hefty
budgets. That's the real success metric of the protocol.

Let us be the first one to congratulate to all the people who were
involved in the design of this fine protocol - excellent work, guys!

Let the upcoming decades be as successful as the first one.

Bernie & Tomek

---

From: "Leaf Yeh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 19:23:59 +0800

Admire!

Best Regards,
Leaf

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Tomek Mrugalski
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:01 PM
To: DHC WG
Subject: [dhcwg] DHCPv6 is 10 years old

Folks,

Personally I think that's a protocol that withstood the trial of time.
During that time all sorts of extensions and mechanisms were developed that
are based on the base spec, yet very few corrections and updates.
There are tons of various implementations - hardware, software, open source,
commercial, from embedded miniatures that are only 23KB in size to huge
enterprise grade provisioning solutions handling millions of devices, from
hobby projects to huge commercial projects will hefty budgets. That's the
real success metric of the protocol.

Let us be the first one to congratulate to all the people who were involved
in the design of this fine protocol - excellent work, guys!

Bernie & Tomek
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "Brzozowski, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:26:33 +0000

DHCPv6 is the foundation for many IPv6 deployments, we have seen the use
of the same grow significantly over the past 3-5 years!

DHCPv6 has proven to be scalable and production ready from this adopters
point of view, we have indeed come along way.

Today 5% of our customer base, and growing, are actively provisioned and
IPv6 enabled care of DHCPv6.

John