Subject: [dhcwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mglt-dhc-public-authoritative-server-option-00.txt

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 12:06:13 +0200

Hi,

Please find the 00 version of our draft for configuring Home Network Naming
Architecture with DHCP.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mglt-dhc-public-authoritative-server-option-00.txt

Feel free to make comments!

Best Regards,

Daniel

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mglt-dhc
-public-authoritative-server-option-00.txt
To: Wouter Cloetens <[email-masked]>, Chris Griffiths <
[email-masked]>, Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>, Ralf Weber <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mglt-dhc-public-authoritative-server-option-00.
txt
has been successfully submitted by Daniel Migault and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-mglt-dhc-public-authoritative-server-option
Revision:        00
Title:           DHCP DNS Public Authoritative Server Option
Creation date:   2013-07-05
Group:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 14
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mglt-dhc-public-authoritative-server-option-00.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mglt-dhc-public-authoritative-server-option
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-dhc-public-authoritative-server-option-00

Abstract:
   The home network naming architecture as described in
   [I-D.mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation] requires a complex
   naming configuration on the CPE.  This configuration MAY not be
   handled easily by the average end user.  Furthermore, such
   misconfiguration MAY result in making home network unreachable.

   This document proposes a DHCP option that provides the CPE all
   necessary parameters to set up the home network naming architecture.

   First, this DHCP option provides automatic configuration and avoids
   most end users' misconfigurations.  Most average end users may not
   require specific configuration, and their ISP default configuration
   MAY fully address their needs.  In that case, the naming homenet
   architecture configuration will be completely transparent to the end
   users.  Then, saving naming configuration outside the CPE, makes it
   resilient to change of CPE or CPE upgrades.  Such configuration may
   also be configured by the end user, via the customer area of their
   ISP.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
Daniel Migault
Orange Labs -- Security
+33 6 70 72 69 58