Subject: [dhcwg] WGLC for draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design-03 - Respond by August 9, 2013!

From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 13:59:20 +0000

Folks, the authors of draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design-03 (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design) believe it is ready for working group last call. Please review this draft and indicate whether or not you feel it is ready to be published. Your input is important!

This document is the 2nd series of documents related to DHCPv6 failover - the first is http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-requirements which is currently being reviewed by the IESG for publication approval.

At the time of this writing, there is no IPR reported against this draft.

As Tomek is a co-author, I will primarily evaluate consensus after 2013-08-09 (August 9th). This is a 3 week last call because of the Berlin IETF meeting and also because of summer-time vacations (at least for those of us in the northern hemisphere).

Thanks,

-          Bernie

---

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 17:42:53 +0200

On 19.07.2013 15:59, Bernie Volz (volz) wrote:
> Folks, the authors of draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design-03
> (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design)
> believe it is ready for working group last call. Please review this
> draft and indicate whether or not you feel it is ready to be published.
> Your input is important!
I support this work moving forward. It doesn't count much, as I'm co-author.

I'm somewhat disappointed with the complete lack of any comments. When
we started the work on v6 failover, there was exactly 20 people
expressing their interest in this work that wanted to join the the
effort. A year and a half passed and now there seems to be noone to even
say "yeah, it's ok".

A week has passed for this WGLC already. WGLC will end in 2 weeks, so
there's still plenty of time for a through review. If you want to have
v6 failover, respond. Make no mistake - without sufficient support, this
work will fail WGLC.

If you have time - please review it. If you are busy or just don't care
about the details, saying that you support this work is useful and you
want it to move forward is helpful, too.

Tomek

---

From: Sten Carlsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 18:39:05 +0200

I have not had the time to read the proposal yet, I believe it is useful
to have failover available for larger installations.

So, please don't drop it.

On 26/07/13 17:42, Tomek Mrugalski wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dhcwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

-- 
Best regards

Sten Carlsen

No improvements come from shouting:

       "MALE BOVINE MANURE!!!"

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 18:57:45 +0200 (CEST)

> So, please don't drop it.

Same thing here. I'm on vacation with rather poor Internet access
(happens to be the U.S., but that's another discussion). I'm very
definitely interested in this draft.

Steinar Haug, AS 2116

---

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 15:19:01 -0400

I have read this draft, and also support it moving forward.

As it happens, I'm in the same boat at Tomek -- I'm the other
co-author.

Please, read this draft and comment on whether or not you believe
it should move forward or not!

Thanks -- Kim

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 22:39:07 +0000

> v6 failover, respond. Make no mistake - without sufficient support, this

Last call right before IETF.   Need I say more?   :}   I won't have time to review before the last call expires, because I'm on vacation the week after the meeting.

---

From: Paul Ebersman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 16:37:38 +0200

volz> Folks, the authors of draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design-03
volz> ([[http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design]])
volz> believe it is ready for working group last call. Please review
volz> this draft and indicate whether or not you feel it is ready to be
volz> published. Your input is important!

I have read this document and support it going forward.

---

From: "Shwetha Bhandari (shwethab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 07:38:20 +0000

I have read this draft in reasonable detail and support it going forward.
Thanks to Tomek and Kim for a well thought through draft.

Thanks,
Shwetha

On 7/29/13 4:37 PM, "Paul Ebersman" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>volz> 
>([[http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design]])