Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-load-balancing-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 16:06:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : DHC Load Balancing Algorithm for DHCPv6
        Author          : Andre Kostur
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-load-balancing-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-03-02

Abstract:
   This document proposes a method of algorithmic load balancing for
   IPv6 Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCPv6) traffic.  It
   enables multiple, cooperating servers to decide which one should
   service a client, without necessarily exchanging any information
   between the servers.  The server selection is based on the servers
   hashing client DHCP Unique Identifiers (DUIDs) when multiple DHCPv6
   servers are available to service DHCPv6 clients.  The proposed
   technique provides for efficient server selection when multiple
   DHCPv6 servers offer services on a network without requiring any
   changes to existing DHCPv6 clients.  This algorithm is an extension
   of an already defined and proven algorithm used for DHCPv4, as
   described in RFC 3074.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-load-balancing/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-load-balancing-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-load-balancing-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/