Subject: [dhcwg] [Errata Verified] RFC4361 (3954)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 12:35:55 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC4361,
"Node-specific Client Identifiers for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Version Four (DHCPv4)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4361&eid=3954

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Samir Sawhney <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2014-04-09
Verified by: Ted Lemon (IESG)

Section: 7

Original Text
-------------
"Some DHCP servers work around this problem for the common case where
the boot Programmable Read Only Memory (PROM) presents no client
identifier, and the operating system DHCP client presents a client
identifier constructed from the Message Authentication Code (MAC)
address of the network interface..."

Corrected Text
--------------
"Some DHCP servers work around this problem for the common case where
the boot Programmable Read Only Memory (PROM) presents no client
identifier, and the operating system DHCP client presents a client
identifier constructed from the Media Access Control (MAC)
address of the network interface..."

Notes
-----
The sentence (included above) from Section 7 of RFC 4361 provides an incorrect
expansion of the MAC acronym (Message Authentication Code).

--------------------------------------
RFC4361 (draft-ietf-dhc-3315id-for-v4-05)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Node-specific Client Identifiers for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Version Four (DHCPv4)
Publication Date    : February 2006
Author(s)           : T. Lemon, B. Sommerfeld
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Dynamic Host Configuration
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG