Subject: [dhcwg] WGLC for draft-ietf-softwire-map-dhcp-07 in Softwires WG

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 18:38:52 +0200

Oops, that slipped under the radar for while.

I'd like to bring up to DHC attention a document that goes through WGLC
in Softwires. This is a document that specifies provisioning mechanism
for MAP, lw4over6 and possibly other IPv4/IPv6 transition technologies.
It defines 8 DHCPv6 options. Some of them are containers and there are
many inter-option dependencies (including dependence on PD options), so
it's not a straightforward doc.

Please post your DHCP-related comments to Softwires list with cc: to
dhc. If you have MAP-, lw4over6- or other IPv4/IPv6 transition specific
comments, please post them to Softwires only and not to DHC.

With my DHC co-chair hat off: I used to be a primary author of that
draft around 1,5 years ago. Since then I gave up and didn't follow on
the discussions (simply because of lack of time). While technically I'm
still listed as a co-author, I can't make any comments on the quality or
correctness of this draft.

Tomek

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Softwires] Working group last call for
draft-ietf-softwire-map-dhcp-07
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 00:37:35 -0400
From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
To: Softwires WG <[email-masked]>
CC: Yong Cui <[email-masked]>

Hi all,
  This message starts a two week softwire working group last call on
advancing the draft about the DHCPv6 Options for configuration of
Softwire Address and Port Mapped Clients as a Standards Track RFC. The
authors believe that this version has addressed all the issues raised on
the document. The latest version of the draft is available at

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-softwire-map-dhcp-07.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-map-dhcp-07

Substantive comments and statements of support/opposition for advancing
this document should be directed to the mailing list. Editorial
suggestions can be sent directly to the authors. This last call will
conclude on April 21 2014.

Regards,
Suresh & Yong

_______________________________________________
Softwires mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires