Subject: [dhcwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-dynamic-shared-v4allocation-06.txt> (Dynamic Allocation of Shared IPv4 Addresses) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 09:10:11 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'Dynamic Allocation of Shared IPv4 Addresses'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-dynamic-shared-v4allocation-06.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-05-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes the dynamic allocation of shared IPv4 addresses
   to clients using DHCPv4.  Address sharing allows a single IPv4
   address to be allocated to multiple active clients simultaneously,
   each client being differentiated by a unique set of transport layer
   source port numbers.  The necessary changes to existing DHCPv4 client
   and server behavior are described and a new DHCPv4 option for
   provisioning clients with shared IPv4 addresses is included.

   Due to the nature of IP address sharing, some limitations to its
   applicability are necessary.  This memo describes these limitations
   and recommends suitable architectures and technologies where address
   sharing may be utilized.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dynamic-shared-v4allocation/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dynamic-shared-v4allocation/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2502/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1102/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1119/