Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-stable-privacy-addresses-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 02:44:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : A Method for Generating Semantically Opaque Interface Identifiers with Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6)
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Will(Shucheng) Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-stable-privacy-addresses-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-04-08

Abstract:
   This document specifies a method for selecting IPv6 Interface
   Identifiers, to be employed by Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
   for IPv6 (DHCPv6) servers when leasing non-temporary IPv6 addresses
   to DHCPv6 clients.  This method is a DHCPv6 server side algorithm,
   that does not require any updates to the existing DHCPv6
   specifications.  The aforementioned method results in stable
   addresses within each subnet, even in the presence of multiple DHCPv6
   servers or DHCPv6 server reinstallments.  It is a DHCPv6-variant of
   the method specified in RFC 7217 for IPv6 Stateless Address
   Autoconfiguration.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-stable-privacy-addresses/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-stable-privacy-addresses-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-stable-privacy-addresses-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/