Subject: [dhcwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-active-leasequery-03.txt> (DHCPv6 Active Leasequery) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 07:20:29 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'DHCPv6 Active Leasequery'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-active-leasequery-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-06-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) has been
   extended with a Leasequery capability that allows a requestor to
   request information about DHCPv6 bindings.  That mechanism is limited
   to queries for DHCPv6 binding data updates prior to the time the
   DHCPv6 server receives the Leasequery request.  Continuous update of
   an external requestor with Leasequery data is sometimes desired.
   This document expands on the DHCPv6 Leasequery protocol, and allows
   for active transfer of real-time DHCPv6 binding information data via
   TCP.  This document also updates DHCPv6 Bulk Leasequery (RFC5460) by
   adding new options.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-active-leasequery/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-active-leasequery/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2210/