Subject: [dhcwg] DHCP hackathon in Prague update

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 19:05:49 +0200

Folks,

Thanks to everyone who responded with an intention to participate.
Please make sure that you register for the hackathon (links are here:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/93hackathon, at the
top, near the image). Hackathon organizer mentioned that the
registration is free, but the total number of 100 participants is
allowed. Make sure you mention DHCP when you register.

It seems that the following topics will be pursued:
- stateful-issues - we do have at least two vendors who are interested
in participating with their code being in various stages of compliance
with RFC7550.
- privacy - we have one team involved in major OS is planning to test
their privacy-aware DHCP client
- secure-dhcpv6 - we have one prototype implementation of the server and
word is out that the work on a stub test client is progressing well
- Yang module for dhcpv6 - there's a team working on Yang implementation
that should be ready in time
- one open source DHCP test framework that has some stateful-issues
coverage. More is expected to be added in Prague

In general around 8-10 people expressed intent to participate in the
DHCP hackathon. Exact number is unknown, because several people spoke on
behalf of their teams. There are other, non-DHCP topics planned, so the
total number of participants will be much higher.

Details are still a bit fuzzy, but we requested an isolated switch
(remember to bring in cables) with port mirroring, something to write
and draw design on and lots of coffee. :)

Several implementations involved are open source, so you are encouraged
to participate, even if you don't have your own code to bring.

Tomek