Subject: [dhcwg] draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-04.txt

From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 19:47:26 +0000

Hi:

I submitted the latest version of this draft on behalf of the co-authors.

Sadly, we did not make as much progress this time around as we would have liked. So, there are very few changes (just https://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/141 (Thanks Tim!) & some typos were fixed) from the 03 (published Feb 2, 2016).

We still have 17 active tickets (though a few are final editing passes / cleanup). A few of these have had some progress, just awaiting final discussion before being applied. The co-authors hope to meet at IETF-95 (physically and virtually).

Marcin did work on https://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/142 (Reorganize server/client behavior?), but the team has not reviewed these changes yet and we felt more conformable holding off until they were reviewed. If anyone else is interesting in taking a look, let me or Marcin know and we can send you the text.

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: dhcwg [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 3:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration of the IETF.

        Title           : Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) bis
        Authors         : Tomek Mrugalski
                          Marcin Siodelski
                          Bernie Volz
                          Andrew Yourtchenko
                          Michael C. Richardson
                          Sheng Jiang
                          Ted Lemon
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-04.txt
	Pages           : 127
	Date            : 2016-03-21

Abstract:
   This document describes the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for
   IPv6 (DHCPv6): an extensible mechanism for configuring hosts with
   network configuration parameters, IP addresses, and prefixes.
   Parameters can be provided statelessly, or in combination with
   stateful assignment of one or more IPv6 addresses and/or IPv6
   prefixes.  DHCPv6 can operate either in place of or in addition to
   stateless address autoconfiguration (SLAAC).

   This document updates the text from RFC 3315, the original DHCPv6
   specification, and incorporates the stateless DHCPv6 extensions (RFC
   3736) and prefix delegation (RFC 3633), clarifying the interactions
   between these modes of operation (RFC 7550) and providing a mechanism
   for throttling DHCPv6 clients when DHCPv6 service is not available
   (RFC 7083).  As such, this document obsoletes RFC3315, RFC3633,
   RFC3736, RFC7083, RFC7550.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg