Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 12:32:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration of the IETF.

        Title           : Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) bis
        Authors         : Tomek Mrugalski
                          Marcin Siodelski
                          Bernie Volz
                          Andrew Yourtchenko
                          Michael C. Richardson
                          Sheng Jiang
                          Ted Lemon
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-04.txt
	Pages           : 127
	Date            : 2016-03-21

Abstract:
   This document describes the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for
   IPv6 (DHCPv6): an extensible mechanism for configuring hosts with
   network configuration parameters, IP addresses, and prefixes.
   Parameters can be provided statelessly, or in combination with
   stateful assignment of one or more IPv6 addresses and/or IPv6
   prefixes.  DHCPv6 can operate either in place of or in addition to
   stateless address autoconfiguration (SLAAC).

   This document updates the text from RFC 3315, the original DHCPv6
   specification, and incorporates the stateless DHCPv6 extensions (RFC
   3736) and prefix delegation (RFC 3633), clarifying the interactions
   between these modes of operation (RFC 7550) and providing a mechanism
   for throttling DHCPv6 clients when DHCPv6 service is not available
   (RFC 7083).  As such, this document obsoletes RFC3315, RFC3633,
   RFC3736, RFC7083, RFC7550.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/