Subject: [dhcwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-12.txt

From: Lishan Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 19:27:28 +0800

Dear All,

We have submitted a new version of secure DHCPv6.
In the new version, we made the following changes:
1. Add the signature and timestamp option during client/server
authentication process;
2. Relay agent is RECOMMENDED to cache server announcements to form the list
of the available DHCPv6 server certs. In this way, the client can be
confident of a quick response, and therefore treat the lack of a quick
response as an indication that no authenticated DHCPv6 servers exist;
3. Add the mandatory algorithm risk in security consideration;
4. Add the risk that the server may get a client through enumerating its
entire
cert list and then learn a lot about a client that way.

Could you please review the draft and give us some comments? Thanks in
advance.

Best Regards,
Lishan
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2016-04-24 22:32 GMT+08:00
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-12.txt
To: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>, Tatuya Jinmei <[email-masked]>,
Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>, Dacheng Zhang <[email-masked]>,
Lishan Li <[email-masked]>, Yong Cui <[email-masked]>,
Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-12.txt
has been successfully submitted by Lishan Li and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6
Revision:       12
Title:          Secure DHCPv6
Document date:  2016-04-24
Group:          dhc
Pages:          28
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-12.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-12
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-12

Abstract:
   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) enables
   DHCPv6 servers to pass configuration parameters.  It offers
   configuration flexibility.  If not secured, DHCPv6 is vulnerable to
   various attacks.  This document analyzes the security issues of
   DHCPv6 and specifies the secure DHCPv6 mechanism for authentication
   and encryption of messages between a DHCPv6 client and a DHCPv6
   server.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat