Subject: [dhcwg] Review of 3315bis (draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-05) for WGLC

From: Timothy Winters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 23:02:48 -0400

Hi,

Previous comments covered all the Nits that I had, so I left them off.

There are three comments that I have about the document:

-  The document would be clearer with if Requesting Router/Delegating
Router were updated to Client/Server.   Since many IETF documents are
moving to this model.

Section 17.1.1 following text should probably be removed?
"  In the case of a Solicit message transmitted when DHCP is initiated by
   IPv6 Neighbor Discovery, the delay gives the amount of time to wait
   after IPv6 Neighbor Discovery causes the client to invoke the
   stateful address autoconfiguration protocol (see section 5.5.3 of
   [RFC4862]).  This random delay desynchronizes clients which start at
   the same time (for example, after a power outage)."

Text was for RFC 2461, which had M flag text.  Probably should be removed
with the updated RFC 4861.

- 13.2 for T1/T2 seems out of place as T1 and T2 are later defined.
Suggest moving it to 17.1.4.

~Tim
-- 

Now offering testing for SDN applications and controllers in our SDN switch
test bed. Learn more today http://bit.ly/SDN_IOLPR