Subject: [dhcwg] review of draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-05 chapter 17

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 01:01:27 +0200

Here is the review of draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-05 chapter 17
(chapters 17-19 in RFC 3315) COnfig Exchange pages 43-76:

- 17 page 44: IMHO the "MUST NOT be using"/"MUST stop using" is both
unrealistic and underspecified, e.g., the "be using" vs "use" suggests
an address should not be used as source for new connections (TCP) or
datagrams (UDP) but this is only an interpretation...
 Note further text is clearer so I suggest:
 * explain than "has chosen to start the server solicitation process"
  is not the default (which is to use Renew, Confirm and Rebind).
 * add a reference to 17.1.7 (Release) where the meaning of "stop using"
  is detailed.

- 17 page 44 (last line): i.e. -> i.e.,

- 17.1.4 page 52 (last line): i.e. -> i.e.,

- 17.2 page 64: wording: "indicated by the as indicated"

- Solicit-Reply -> Solicit/Reply (5 occurrences)

Regards

[email-masked]