Subject: [dhcwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-20.txt

From: Lishan Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 17:10:26 +0800

Dear All,

We have submitted a new version of secure DHCPv6. Thanks a lot for Bernie's
valuable comment.
In this version, we made the following update:
1. In client behavior part, we adds some description about opportunistic
security. In this way, in some scenario, authentication is optional.
2. Add the reference of RFC 4034 for the encryption key tag calculation.
3. Delete the part that the relay agent cache server announcements part.
4. Add the assumption that the client's initial stored increasing number is
set to zero. In this way, for the first time increasing number check in the
Reply message, the check will always succeed, and then the locally stored
number is changed into the contained number in the Reply message.
5. Correct many grammar mistakes.

Looking forward to your review and guidance. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Lishan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2017-01-16 17:03 GMT+08:00
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-20.txt
To: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>, Tatuya Jinmei <[email-masked]>,
Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>, Dacheng Zhang <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked], Lishan Li <[email-masked]>, Yong Cui <
[email-masked]>, Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-20.txt
has been successfully submitted by Lishan Li and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6
Revision:       20
Title:          Secure DHCPv6
Document date:  2017-01-16
Group:          dhc
Pages:          31
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-
sedhcpv6-20.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-20
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-20

Abstract:
   DHCPv6 includes no deployable security mechanism that can protect
   end-to-end communication between DHCP clients and servers.  This
   document describes a mechanism for using public key cryptography to
   provide such security.  The mechanism provides encryption in all
   cases, and can be used for authentication based on pre-sharing of
   authorized certificates.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat