Subject: [dhcwg] Fwd: New I-D: SLAAC and DHCPv6 (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-v6ops-host-configuration-00.txt)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 20:08:06 -0300

Folks,

FYI. Discussion is taking place on the v6ops wg mailing-list.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New I-D: SLAAC and DHCPv6 (Fwd: New Version Notification for
draft-gont-v6ops-host-configuration-00.txt)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 05:13:25 -0300
From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
To: IPv6 Operations <[email-masked]>

Folks,

Based on a recent discussion regarding the problem of conveying DNS
information in IPv6 networks, we have submitted this short I-D, in the
hopes of getting the aforementioned problem solved.

Your feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Fernando (and co-autors)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gont-v6ops-host-configuration-00.txt
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 23:51:03 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>, Gert Doering
<[email-masked]>, Madelen Garcia Corbo <[email-masked]>,
Madelen Corbo <[email-masked]>, Guillermo Gont
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-v6ops-host-configuration-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gont-v6ops-host-configuration
Revision:	00
Title:		On the Dynamic/Automatic Configuration of IPv6 Hosts
Document date:	2017-02-27
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		6
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-v6ops-host-configuration-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-v6ops-host-configuration/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-v6ops-host-configuration-00

Abstract:
   IPv6 has two different mechanisms for dynamic/automatic host
   configuration: SLAAC and DHCPv6.  These two mechanisms allow for the
   configuration of IPv6 addresses and a number of network parameters.
   While there is overlap in the parameters that can be configured via
   these two protocols, different implementations support only subsets
   of such parameters with either mechanism, or have no support for
   DHCPv6 at all.  This document analyzes a problem that arises from
   this situation, and mandates that all host implementations support
   RFC 6105 (DNS options for SLAAC) and the stateless DHCPv6
   functionality in RFC 3315.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat