Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 13:38:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration of the IETF.

        Title           : DHCPv6 Failover Protocol
        Authors         : Tomasz Mrugalski
                          Kim Kinnear
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol-06.txt
	Pages           : 94
	Date            : 2017-02-27

Abstract:
   DHCPv6 as defined in "Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6
   (DHCPv6)" (RFC3315) does not offer server redundancy.  This document
   defines a protocol implementation to provide DHCPv6 failover, a
   mechanism for running two servers with the capability for either
   server to take over clients' leases in case of server failure or
   network partition.  It meets the requirements for DHCPv6 failover
   detailed in "DHCPv6 Failover Requirements" (RFC7031).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/