Subject: [Dime] RFC3588bis Issue12

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:22:29 -0400

>From issue tracker, Issue12:

"
There seems to be two concepts of node identity in the base spec.

1. FQDN for indexing the peer table
2. FQDN+port (+more) in redirect URI.
"

AFACS, there is no problem here.The Host Identity in peer table is of type
DiameterIdentity, whereas Redirect-Host AVP is of type DiameterURI. This
makes sense to me, because one needs to know transport/port in addition to
FQDN, to be able to establish a connection after an asnwer with
DIAMETER_REDIRECT_INDICATION result code. If one wants first to perform a
check in peer table based on Redirect-Host AVP value, this is also possible
by extracting FQDN portion of it.

Should this issue be closed with no action or am I missing something?

    Thanks,
    Tolga

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: Victor Fajardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 02:35:23 -0400

Hi Tolga,

I agree. The issue will be closed.

regards,
victor