Subject: [Dime] DDDS (dynamic peer discoverey by NAPTR records)

From: Ivan Skytte Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 23:05:00 +0100

RFC3588 section 5.2 page 57 item 3 specifies to use NAPTR queries.

Looking at RFC3402 page 4:
"Flags
      Most Applications will require a way for a Rule to signal to the
      Application that some Rules provide particular outcomes that
      others do not; e.g., different output formats, extensibility
      mechanisms, terminal rule signaling, etc.  Most Databases will
      define a Flags field that an Application can use to encode various
      values that express these signals."

and page 10:
"Expected Output:
      The Application must define what the expected output of the
      Terminal Rule should be."  ...

I cannot find that any flags have been defined for Diameter.

Am I correct in the assumption that:
  1: No flags are defined, and
  2: All rules are terminal, and
  3: The replacement field in the matching NAPTR records points to a DNS key 
that should contain SRV records.

?
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime