Subject: [Dime] [Fwd: Document Action: 'Diameter Policy Processing Application' to Informational RFC]

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 22:16:31 +0200

Thanks to Dan and Michael for the work.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Document Action: 'Diameter Policy Processing Application' to 
Informational RFC
Date: 	Thu, 6 Mar 2008 12:10:57 -0800 (PST)
From: 	The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: 	IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: 	Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>, RFC Editor 
<[email-masked]>

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Diameter Policy Processing Application '
   <draft-brenner-dime-peem-01.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Dan Romascanu.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brenner-dime-peem-01.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes the need for a new IANA Diameter Command Code
   to be used in a vendor-specific new application for invocation of
   Policy Processing (Policy Evaluation, or Evaluation and Enforcement).
   This application is needed as one of the implementations of the Open
   Mobile Aliance (OMA) Policy Evaluation, Enforcement and Management
   (PEEM) enabler, namely for the PEM-1 interface used to send a
   request/responses for Policy Processing.

Working Group Summary

   This is an Area Director sponsored individual submission, which was 
   written following a discussion in the IESG about the best way to 
   support the allocation of the command code required by the OMA.  

Document Quality

    The original document that defines the new application was discussed
    and approved by the OMA. 

Personnel

    The sponsoring Area Director was Dan Romascanu. Hannes Tschofenig 
    reviewed the document on behalf of the Diameter Extensions (DIME) WG.

    The document was also reviewed by IANA. 

RFC Editor Note

    Please make the following change: 

OLD: 

5.1.  Command Codes

   This specification assigns the value TBD-Cmd-code from the Command
   Code namespace defined in [RFC3588].  See Section 5.4.1.3.1 of
   [PEM-1-TS] for the assignment of the TBD-Cmd-code.

5.2.  AVP Codes

   This specification assigns the value TBD-AVP-Code for the Policy-Data
   AVP, in the OMA Vendor-ID (PEN) AVP namespace.  See Section 5.4.1.3.3
   of [PEM-1-TS] for the assignment of the namespace in this
   specification.

5.3.  Application Identifier

   This specification uses the value 16777243 in the Application
   Identifier namespace as registered in IANA for the Policy Processing
   Application.  See Section 5.4.1.3 of [PEM-1-TS] for more information.

NEW: 

5.1.  Command Codes

   This specification assigns the value TBD-Cmd-code from the Command
   Code namespace defined in [RFC3588].  See Section 5.4.1.3.1 of
   [PEM-1-TS] for the assignment of the TBD-Cmd-code.

   Upon approval of this document, the IANA will make the 
   following assignments in the "Authentication, Authorization, 
   and Accounting
   (AAA) Parameters" registry located at
   http://www.iana.org/assignments/aaa-parameters
   sub-registry "Command Codes"

   Code Value          Name Reference
   --------------             ------------------------------- --------- 
  [TBD-Cmd-code]   PDR / PDA [RFC-brenner-dime-peem-01]

5.2.  AVP Codes

   This specification uses the value  1 for the Policy-Data
   AVP, in the OMA Vendor-ID (PEN) AVP namespace.  See Section 5.4.1.3.3
   of [PEM-1-TS] for the assignment of the namespace in this
   specification. No IANA Action is required. 

5.3.  Application Identifier

   This specification uses the value 16777243 in the Application
   Identifier namespace as registered in IANA for the Policy Processing
   Application.  See Section 5.4.1.3 of [PEM-1-TS] for more information.
   No IANA action is required.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime