Subject: [Dime] FW: Location-Data AVP in a2 Diameter

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:25:37 +0200

FYI

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *From:* Tina TSOU [mailto:[email-masked]]
    *Sent:* March 7, 2008 09:23
    *To:* [email-masked]; Sonia Compans
    *Cc:* [email-masked]; Avi Lior; Mark Jones;
    [email-masked]; [email-masked]
    *Subject:* Re: Location-Data AVP in a2 Diameter

    Merci, Bruno and Sonia.
    Then the Location-Data AVP in a2 Diameter is allocated as 604 13019
    by ETSI, as it seems that it will be before
    draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-19 is converted to an RFC.
    I copy to the authors of draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-19 for their
    information.
    I hope this approach will not cause problem.
     
    I update it, and upload the output as 16bTD446r3.
     
    B. R.
    Tina

        ----- Original Message -----
        *From:* Sonia Compans <mailto:[email-masked]>
        *To:* [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
        *Sent:* Friday, March 07, 2008 10:42 AM
        *Subject:* Re: Location-Data AVP in a2 Diameter

        Dear all,
         
        ETSI can allocate the AVP code if  it is part of the AVPs
        defined in the a2 specification. This means that this AVP needs
        to be transfered to table 7.1 and associated with the ETSI
        Vendor-Id and any reference to the draft ietf is removed.
         
        As Tina knows, the ETSI AVP range has already been allocated by
        ETSI. If you decide to go for an ETSI allocation, then Tina can
        use the next available AVP code.
         
        By the way, Tina, you need to update table 7.1 with the
        allocated AVP values (they are still set to 'TBD').
         
        Best regards
        Sonia

        ------------------------------------------------------------------------
        *From:* Bruno Chatras [mailto:[email-masked]]
        *Sent:* 06 March 2008 18:41
        *To:* TISPAN_WG3
        *Subject:* Re: [TISPAN_WG3] Location-Data AVP in a2 Diameter

        I don't think we need IANA for that. These codes can be
        allocated by ETSI. We have to request PTCC for a block of AVP
        codes for the a2 specification as we did for e2,e4,Gq'...
         
        "ETSI PTCC manages the allocation of ETSI AVP codes, AVP
        specific values and Experimental Result Codes. 
        ETSI generally allocates a block of 50 AVP codes to each
        specification in which Diameter AVP codes are specified, and a
        block of 20 Experimental Result Codes to each specification in
        which these codes are specified.  Allocation is performed on a
        first-come, first-served basis."
         
        http://portal.etsi.org/ptcc/diameternumbers.asp

        ------------------------------------------------------------------------
        *De :* Tina TSOU [mailto:[email-masked]]
        *Envoyé :* jeudi 6 mars 2008 18:12
        *À :* [email-masked]
        *Objet :* Location-Data AVP in a2 Diameter

        Dear all,
        Regarding Location-Data AVP in a2 Diameter, I am not able to
        fill AVP code for it. Until it is converted to an RFC the AVP
        numbers won't be assigned by IANA.

        *Table **7.4**: Diameter AVPs defined in IETF specifications*

         **

        *AVP Flag rules*

         **

        *Attribute Name*

        *AVP Code*

        *Clause defined*

        *Value Type*

        *Must*

        *May*

        *Should not*

        *Must not*

        *May Encrypt*

        Location-Data

        TBD

        [8 <mhtml:mid://00000434/#tina8>]

        OctetString

        M

        V

        No

        NOTE:       The AVP header bit denoted as "M", indicates whether
        support of the AVP is required. The AVP header bit denoted as
        "V", indicates whether the optional Vendor‑ID field is present
        in the AVP header.

              7.3.8  Location-Data AVP

        The Location-Data AVP is defined in
        draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-16 [8
        <mhtml:mid://00000434/#tina8>]. It contains location data in the
        form of either Civic Location or Geospatial Location.

         
        B. R.
        Tina
        Messengers:
        MSN: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  
        Yahoo: tina_tsou    Skype: tinaTSOU    Jabber: [email-masked]
        <mailto:[email-masked]>    Google talk: [email-masked]
        <mailto:[email-masked]>
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Mail archive for TISPAN_WG3 can be browsed at the following url :

        http://list.etsi.org/TISPAN_WG3.html

        ------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: "Tina TSOU" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 05:56:21 -0400

----- Original Message ----- 
From: Tina TSOU
To: [email-masked] ; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked] ; [email-masked] ; 
[email-masked] ; Avi Lior ; [email-masked] ; 
Hannes Tschofenig
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 5:54 AM
Subject: Re: Location-Data AVP in a2 Diameter

Bruno,
Merci, that's what I meant:)
Yes, I discussed with Avi and Mark in Philly yesterday. They are doing it.

B. R.
Tina
Messengers:
MSN: [email-masked]   Yahoo: tina_tsou    Skype: tinaTSOU    Jabber: 
[email-masked]    Google talk: [email-masked]
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Bruno Chatras
  To: [email-masked]
  Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 12:04 PM
  Subject: Re: Location-Data AVP in a2 Diameter

  Tina,

  When I answered the first message I did not realise that you were 
referring specifically to the Location-Data AVP. I thought you were 
referring to the new AVPs defined inside the a2 specification (ACS-server, 
TFTP-server, etc...). For the Location-Data AVP we are indeed dependent on 
the progress of the IETF Internet-Draft. I believe we should not allocate an 
ETSI code to this particular one but rather wait for the IETF requesting one 
from IANA. Could you check with the authors of the Internet-Draft whether it 
is possible for them to request this AVP code before the Internet-Draft 
becomes an RFC.

  Sorry for having brought confusion into the debate...

  Bruno