Subject: [Dime] QoS Draft Updates

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:42:56 +0200

Hi all, 

Right before the holidays we wanted to share another draft snapshot with
you. Three documents got updated. Here is a short summary:

* Diameter QoS parameters
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-qos-parameters-08.tx
t

This document experienced a number of changes due to the feedback we
received during IETF Last Call and with the discussions aftwards on the
list. 

Here are the changes: 
 - Changed the encoding of the parameters (to a Diameter AVP encoding) 
 - Enhanced the description for the QoS parameters.
 - Simplified QoS parameters as there were some concerns regarding the
ability to implement them.
 - Addressed comments raised during Dan's AD review (such as IANA
registry).

The diff can be found here: 
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-d
ime-qos-parameters-06.txt&url2=http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft
-ietf-dime-qos-parameters-08.txt

(Version 6 was the draft that was sent around during IETF Last Call.) 

What are the open issues? We need to figure out what todo about the
RADIUS definition.

* Diameter QoS attributes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-qos-attributes-09.tx
t

There are essentially three types of changes: 
 - Alignment with the changes made in the QoS parameter draft
 - Including of Excess-Treatment & Excess-Treatment-Action AVPs
 - Editorial changes to improve the readability (re-arranged sections)
 - Renamed a few AVPs
 - Added an "Action" AVP since we lost it in some version 
   (we noticed it when we added the Excess-Treatment-Action AVP).

Open Issues? 
  - IPv6 aspects presented during the meeting 
  - Review feedback regarding the Ethernet stuff (AI to Dan)

* Diameter QoS application 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-diameter-qos-07.txt

 - Updated the document to align it with the
draft-ietf-dime-qos-attributes-09.txt. 
   The functionality is not impacted by the update. 

Open Issues? None known. 

It would be good to get review comments in case that there is something
missing or wrong. 

Ciao
Hannes
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime