Subject: [Dime] FW: DIME Milestones Update

From: "Hannes Tschofenig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 12:23:59 +0200

Hi all, 

I had a chat with Dan about the adjustments of the milestones and I crafted
the following list: 

--------------------------------

DONE.......Submit "Diameter API" to the IESG for consideration as an
Informational RFC 

DONE.......Submit "Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Network Access Server
to Diameter Server Interaction" to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed
Standard. 

DONE.......Submit "Quality of Service Parameters for Usage with Diameter" to
the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard. 

Dec 2008...Submit "Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Home Agent to Diameter
Server Interaction" to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard. 

Jan 2009...Submit Revision of "Diameter Base Protocol" to the IESG for
consideration as a Proposed Standard 

Jan 2009...Submit "Quality of Service Attributes for Diameter" to the IESG
for consideration as a Proposed Standard

Jan 2009...Submit "Diameter QoS Application" to the IESG for consideration
as a Proposed Standard

Jan 2009...Submit "Diameter Support for EAP Re-authentication Protocol" as
DIME working group item

Jan 2009...Submit "Diameter User-Name and Realm Based Request Routing
Clarifications" as DIME working group item

Jan 2009...Submit "Diameter Proxy Mobile IPv6" as DIME working group item

Mar 2009...Submit "Diameter Application Design Guidelines" to the IESG for
consideration as a BCP document 

Apr 2009...Submit "Diameter User-Name and Realm Based Request Routing
Clarifications" to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard

Apr 2009...Submit "Diameter Proxy Mobile IPv6" to the IESG for consideration
as a Proposed Standard

May 2009...Submit "Diameter Support for EAP Re-authentication Protocol" to
the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard

--------------------------------

A few notes regarding the items: 

* in the current milestones list at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dime-charter.html we do not have 'QoS
Attributes for Diameter' and 'QoS parameters for Usage w/ Diameter'. Some
time back we decided to split the Diameter QoS work into three documents and
I believe we should capture this aspect in the updated milestone list. 

* There are 3 new items in the list, namely 
  - "Diameter Support for EAP Re-authentication Protocol"
    (based on
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-dondeti-dime-erp-diameter-02.txt) 
  - "Diameter User-Name and Realm Based Request Routing Clarifications"
    (based on
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-korhonen-dime-nai-routing-02.txt) 
  - "Diameter Proxy Mobile IPv6"
    (based on http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-korhonen-dime-pmip6-04.txt) 

* When writing the above list I was wondering whether we actually need to go
for Proposed Standard for these three documents. With RFC3588bis we could
also use Informational RFCs and then upgrade them once we got implementation
and deployment experience. I believe that this would allow us to publish
documents faster. I wonder what the group thinks about that idea? 

* I made a proposal regarding the milestones and I was wondering whether the
group considers my suggestion as realistic. 

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 17:26:12 +0800

Hi all,
Should the work in
http://groups.google.com/group/diameter-routing
be considered at the same level as the following?

Wish you a joyful and peaceful holiday season and a prosperous and healthy New Year:D

B. R.
Tina
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Hannes Tschofenig 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 6:23 PM
  Subject: [Dime] FW: DIME Milestones Update

  Hi all, 

  Ciao
  Hannes