Subject: [Dime] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 23:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Diameter Network Address and Port Translation Control Application
	Author(s)       : F. Brockners, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-02.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2010-03-07

This document describes the framework, messages, and procedures for
the Diameter Network Address and Port Translation Control Application
(DNCA), allowing for per-endpoint control of large scale NAT/NAPT
devices, which are put in place to cope with IPv4-address space
completion.  The DNCA allows external devices to configure and manage
a NAT device - expanding the existing Diameter-based AAA and policy
control capabilities with a NAT/NAPT control component.  These
external devices can be network elements in the data plane such as a
Network Access Server (NAS), or can be more centralized control plane
devices such as AAA-servers.  DNCA establishes a context to commonly
identify and manage endpoints on a gateway or server, and a large
scale NAPT/NAT device.  This includes, for example, the control of
the total number of NAT-bindings allowed or the allocation of a
specific NAT-binding for a particular endpoint.  In addition, it
allows large scale NAT devices to provide information relevant to
accounting purposes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.