Subject: URI Scheme Review Mailing List; URI BOF at next IETF meeting

From: "Larry Masinter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:54:08 -0800

Please follow-up to [email-masked]; http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/
=======================================================
URI Scheme Review Mailing List

A new (separate) mailing list has been established specifically for
the purpose of IETF review of proposed URI schemes. The list is

        [email-masked]

The list is moderated; Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]> is
currently the moderator.
See https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/uri-review for info about 
the mailing list. Please subscribe if you are interested and
willing to help review URI scheme proposals and registrations.
A separate list was established because specific review requests
for URI schemes tended to not get responses on [email-masked]'.

========================================================
URI BOF at next IETF meeting

At the next IETF meeting (http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-56.html)
a BOF meeting has been scheduled Thursday, March 20, 2003 1300-1500
to discuss various URI issues. 

The current proposed agenda is:

* 5 min Larry Masinter
        Introduction, Agenda bashing

* 30 min Roy Fielding
        Updating RFC 2396 (URI) to Standard
        http://www.apache.org/~fielding/uri/rev-2002/issues.html
        Goals: disseminate information about activity
               encourage focus on issues
               review issue list
               create schedule and milestones

* 30 min Martin Duerst
        Review plans for IRI to Proposed Standard
         http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duerst-iri-02.txt
 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2002OctDec/0089.ht
ml
         Goal: Review IAB issues and coordination with DNS I18N
               review process & mailing list
               establish schedules and milestones

* 30 min Patrik Fältström
         Discuss "process for registering new URI schemes" and new
         mailing list.
         http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2717.txt
         http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2718.txt
         Goal: refine process to insure timely and complete feedback
               consider updates to RFC 2717 & RFC 2718

* 25 min Larry Masinter
         Review other URI-related work needed
         (update 'file:' URI scheme, deprecate unused schemes, etc.)
         Summarize state of URI standards at IETF, coordination with W3C
         Goal: decide if any working groups need to be formed, etc.