Subject: I-D on Registry for tv:URIs

From: "Keesmaat, N.W. \(Iko\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 10:38:39 +0200

All,

Please note that an internet-draft "Registry for tv:URIs" is available
from the repository:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/idindex.cgi?command=id_detail&id=152
22; 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-keesmaat-tvreg-00.txt

This draft describes the registry for tv:URIs that we feel is needed as
has been discusses on this list before.

We welcome your responses.

Iko Keesmaat (and Oskar van Deventer).

===============================
Iko Keesmaat
TNO Information and Communication Technology
Room BA201b
Brassersplein 2
P.O. Box 5050
2600 GB Delft
The Netherlands
Tel: +31 15 2857159
Mob: +31 6 51916191
Fax: +31 15 2857349
E-mail: [email-masked]

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html

---

From: "Deventer, M.O. \(Oskar\) van" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 17:15:17 +0200

Who will be paying for the tv:URI registry?
 
We contacted the people behind Showview.com (VCRplus in the USA) and
asked them about their business model. Showview maintains lists of
channel numbers for the programming of video recorders. It is
publications companies, TV listing companies and broadcasters that pay
annual fees for participation in the Showview system. They inform
Showview of any changes. The maintenance of channel lists is done by a
single person in part-time, triggered by request from publishers.
 
Perhaps a registry for tv:URIs could follow a similar business model.
 
Oskar

________________________________

From: Keesmaat, N.W. (Iko) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: maandag 9 oktober 2006 10:39
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Zigmond, Dan
Subject: I-D on Registry for tv:URIs

All, 

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/idindex.cgi?command=id_detail&id=152
22
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/idindex.cgi?command=id_detail&id=15
222> ; 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-keesmaat-tvreg-00.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-keesmaat-tvreg-00.txt>  

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at
http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html