Subject: ETSI TISPAN interest in tv:URI

From: "Deventer, M.O. (Oskar) van" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:35:22 +0200

All,

The issue of identification of television channels has been discussed in
the ETSI TISPAN 14bis meeting of last week. The application of this
identification is IPTV Presence: a presentity can publish which TV
channel he is watching. The fact that ETSI TISPAN has requirements
related to the identification of TV channels (e.g. tv:URI) is reflected
in the recent update of our internet draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-keesmaat-tvreg-01.txt.

TISPAN WG1 (services) and WG2 (architecture) have defined the following
requirements, relevant to our IETF APPS mailing list discussions on the
tv:URI last October.

========== Start of TISPAN requirements ==========

WI01044 (Draft TS 181 016):
"Users' presence information may be related to, e.g., their connection
status, location information, channel currently accessed or acceptable
communication means. Presence information on channel currently accessed
may be used by another user to instruct his set-top box with a single
click to switch to the identified channel, or to instruct his set-top
box to keep following identified channel changes. There may be
significant delays in this following, depending on the update speed of
the presence service.
Any published presence information should only be disseminated other
users that are authorised to receiving this presence information
according to the presentity policies
Users can also define a set of access rules to control access to their
presence information.
6.2.1.1		It must be possible to define presence information
related to the IPTV experience, e.g. channel currently accessed. The
identification of the channel currently accessed shall be
machine-readable. Language dependent information may also be made
available to watchers."

WI02048 (Draft TS 182 027):
"The following specific IPTV attributes may also be supported:
channel currently accessed,
program currently watched, when available.
content currently accessed.
If the IPTV presence attribute "channel currently accessed" is
supported, then the machine-readable part of the identification of the
channel shall be globally unique. The term globally unique here means
that there is no ambiguity in the identification of the channel if
presentity and watcher (for terminology, see in ETSI 182 008) are with
different network operators and/or in different countries."

========== End of TISPAN requirements ==========

TISPAN WG4 (identifiers) has allocated a session in next TISPAN meeting
dedicated to "Tv URI identifier and resolution". The meeting details for
this session are as follows.
Meeting: ETSI TISPAN 14ter
Location: ETSI Headquarters, Sophia Antipolis
Dates: 3-7 September 2007
WG4 session on tv:URI: Wednesday 5 September, 11:15-13:00

With this email, I would like to invite interested parties to
participate and/or contribute to this WG4 session.

Best regards,

Oskar 

-----Original Message-----
From: Keesmaat, N.W. (Iko) 
Sent: maandag 9 oktober 2006 13:25
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Clive D.W. Feather; Zigmond, Dan
Subject: RE: Reigistry for tv:URI's

[... previous mail thread ...]

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html