Subject: Re: sockets APIs extensions for Host Identity Protocol

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 16:59:24 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

this a new version of the APIs for HIP and other related protocols. I 
updated it according to the comments I received from this list while ago 
on this thread. Please, feel free to comment again either here or hipsec:

https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories. This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol 
Working Group of the IETF.

         Title           : Native Application Programming Interfaces for SHIM APIs
         Author(s)       : M. Komu
         Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-native-api-02.txt
         Pages           : 12
         Date            : 2007-7-8

    This document defines extensions to the current networking APIs for
    protocols based on identifier/locator split.  Currently, the document
    focuses on HIP, but the extensions can be used also by other
    protocols implementing identifier locator split.  Using the API
    extensions, new SHIM aware applications can configure manually
    mappings between upper layer identifiers and the corresponding
    locators.  Also, the API describes how to handle outbound connection
    establishment where an application is unaware of the peer identifier
    but knows the peer locator.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-native-api-02.txt

-- 
Miika Komu                                       http://www.iki.fi/miika/