Subject: Preliminary disman WG agenda for Salt Lake City

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 10:35:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi -

Here's the preliminary agenda for the disman working group
session in Salt Lake City, Utah.

 - - - - - - - - 

Distributed Management WG (disman)

Wednesday, December 12, 2001 at 15:30-17:30

===============================

CHAIR:  Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

1. Administrative matters
   Working group charter is at
   http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/disman-charter.html
   1.1 introductions
   1.2 selection of minute-taker
       PLEASE read http://www.ietf.org/instructions/minutes.html
       volunteers PRIOR to the meeting greatly appreciated!
   1.3 circulation of sign-up sheet
   1.4 Review of Agenda
   1.5 Allocation of time

2. Status of Current work
   2.1 Script MIB: RFC 3165 published, Proposed Standard.
       (Note also Experimental RFC 3179, NOT a disman WG product)
	Juergen Schoenwaelder & David Levi (tentative)
   2.2 Schedule MIB: RFC 2591 updates, to be Proposed Standard,
       <draft-ietf-disman-schedule-mib-v2-04.txt> approved
       by IESG, in RFC editor queue.
	Juergen Schoenwaelder & David Levi (tentative)
   2.3 Remote Operations MIB: RFC 2925 (Proposed Standard)
       Soliciting implementation/deployment feedback on RFC 2925.
       Updates in <draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-v2-00.txt>
	Kenneth White (tentative)
   2.4 Expression MIB: RFC 2982 (Proposed Standard)
       Soliciting implementation/deployment feedback on RFC 2982.
       Updates in <draft-ietf-disman-express-mib-v2-00.txt>
	Ram Kavasseri (tentative)
   2.5 Event MIB: RFC 2981 (Proposed Standard)
       Soliciting implementation/deployment feedback on RFC 2981.
	Ram Kavasseri (tentative)
   2.6 Notification/Log MIB: RFC 3014 (Proposed Standard)
       Soliciting implementation/deployment feedback on RFC 3014.
	Ram Kavasseri (tentative)
   2.7 Alarm work internet-drafts:
         <draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-03.txt>
         <draft-ietf-disman-conditionmib-00.txt>

3. Other relevant work
   3.1 RmonMib RFC 3144 - do we want to generalize this?
   3.3 SnmpConf - persistance discussions?
   3.4 Eos - bulk data retrieval and log / alarm synchronization?
   3.5 DMTF event management in their Interop WG.

4. In-Depth Technical Discussions
   Please see  http://www.ietf.org/instructions/slides.html
   and contact [email-masked] if you need time
   for focused discussion of specific drafts or issues.

    4.1 Active Alarms: <draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-03.txt>
	Sharon Chisholm & Dan Romascanu (tentative)

    4.2 Alarm Report Control and Condition MIB:
        <draft-ietf-disman-conditionmib-00.txt>
	An-Ni Huynh, Kam Lam,  and David Perkins (tentative)

    4.3 Other issues?

5. Charter updates.
   Please see http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/disman-charter.html
   5.1 completed items
   5.2 changes to target dates
   5.3 Can we go dormant in January?

6. Wrap-up
   6.1 review of action items
   6.2 reminders to minute-takers and presenters
       PLEASE read http://www.ietf.org/instructions/minutes.html
       and http://www.ietf.org/instructions/slides.html, respectively.
   6.3 retrieval of sign-up sheet

 ------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn          BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 [email-masked]  2141 North First Street
 Tel: +1 408 546-1006   San José, California 95131  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 ------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:52:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi -

Based on an off-list request, I'd  like to add an item to the
"In-Depth Technical Discussions" section of the disman agenda:

+     4.3  Alternatives suggested by implementation experience
+          with the RFC 2981, 2982, and 3014 troika.

I'd be delighted if we could have some substantive mailing
list discussion of this rather broad topic before the meeting.