Subject: proposed disman time allocations

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:02:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi -

Here is an updated agenda with proposed time allocations
for the disman WG session in Salt Lake City, UT.  Please
let me know if there are any objections to the proposed
time allocations.  In some cases, I just guessed.

 - - - - - -

Distributed Management WG (disman)

Wednesday, December 12, 2001 at 15:30-17:30

===============================

CHAIR:   Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

1. Administrative matters  (5 Minutes, ends 15:35)
   Working group charter is at
   http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/disman-charter.html
   1.1 introductions
   1.2 selection of minute-taker
       PLEASE read http://www.ietf.org/instructions/minutes.html
       volunteers PRIOR to the meeting greatly appreciated!
   1.3 circulation of sign-up sheet
   1.4 Review of Agenda
   1.5 Allocation of time

2. Status of Current work (28 minutes, ends 16:03)
   2.1 Script MIB: RFC 3165 published, Proposed Standard.
       (Note also Experimental RFC 3179, NOT a disman WG product)
       Discussion led by Juergen Schoenwaelder (2 minutes, ends 15:37)

   2.2 Schedule MIB: RFC 2591 updates, to be Proposed Standard,
       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-disman-schedule-mib-v2-04.txt
       approved by IESG, in RFC editor queue.
       Discussion led by Juergen Schoenwaelder (2 minutes, ends
       15:39)

   2.3 Remote Operations MIB: RFC 2925 (Proposed Standard)
       Soliciting implementation/deployment feedback on RFC 2925.
       Updates to appear in <draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-v2-00.txt>
       Looking for editorial assistance for Ken White.  (2 minutes,
       ends 15:41)

   2.4 Expression MIB: RFC 2982 (Proposed Standard)
       Soliciting implementation/deployment feedback on RFC 2982.
       Proposed updates in
       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-disman-express-mib-v2-00.txt
       Discussion led by Ram Kavasseri (5 minutes, ends 15:46)

   2.5 Event MIB: RFC 2981 (Proposed Standard)
       Soliciting implementation/deployment feedback on RFC 2981.
       Proposed updates in 
       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-disman-event-mib-v2-00.txt
       Discussion led by Ram Kavasseri (5 minutes, ends 15:51)

   2.6 Notification/Log MIB: RFC 3014 (Proposed Standard)
       Soliciting implementation/deployment feedback on RFC 3014.
       Updates to appear in <draft-ietf-disman-notif-log-mib-00.txt>
       Discussion led by Ram Kavasseri (10 minutes, ends 16:01)

   2.7 Alarm work internet-drafts: (2 minutes, ends 16:03)
       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-03.txt
       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-disman-conditionmib-01.txt

3. Other relevant work (5 minutes, ends 16:08)
   3.1 RmonMib RFC 3144 - do we want to generalize "canned"
       statistical and monitoring functions?
   3.3 SnmpConf - persistance discussions, e.g., issues in RFC 2981
   3.4 Eos - bulk data retrieval and log / alarm synchronization?
   3.5 DMTF event management in their Interop WG.

4. In-Depth Technical Discussions (70 minutes)
   Please see  http://www.ietf.org/instructions/slides.html
   and contact [email-masked] if you need time
   for focused discussion of specific drafts or issues.
   Please post your issues lists to the WG mailing list
   well in advance of the meeting.

    4.1 Active Alarms: <draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-03.txt>
        Discussion led by Sharon Chisholm (25 minutes, ends 16:33)

    4.2 Alarm Report Control and Condition MIB:
        <draft-ietf-disman-conditionmib-01.txt>
        Discussion led by Kam Lam (25 minutes, ends 16:58)

    4.3  Alternatives suggested by implementation experience
         with the RFC 2981, 2982, and 3014 troika. (10 minutes,
         ends 17:08)

    4.4  Follow-up to mailing list discussions of "A
         Clustering Architecture for Replicating Managed
         Objects" 
         http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aldri-disman-replication-mib-00.txt
         Discussion led by Glenn Mansfield (10 minutes, ends 17:18)

    4.5 Other issues?

5. Charter updates. (7 minutes, ends 17:25)
   Please see http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/disman-charter.html
   5.1 completed items
   5.2 changes to target dates
   5.3 Can we go dormant in January?

6. Wrap-up (5 minutes, ends 17:30)
   6.1 review of action items
   6.2 reminders to minute-takers and presenters
       PLEASE read http://www.ietf.org/instructions/minutes.html
       and http://www.ietf.org/instructions/slides.html, respectively.
   6.3 retrieval of sign-up sheet

 ------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn          BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 [email-masked]  2141 North First Street
 Tel: +1 408 546-1006   San José, California 95131  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 ------------------------------------------------------