Subject: Re: RFC 2982 (disman expression MIB) Implementation Experience

From: Ramanathan Kavasseri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:10:44 -0800

Here's the expression mib implementation report from Cisco.
I'll post the Event MIB implementation report by the end of
the week.

Ram

DISMAN EXPRESSION MIB implementation report

Vendor: Cisco Systems
Contact: [email-masked]
Platforms: 7500, 12000, 7200, 5800, 5200
        Cisco's implementation is based on the first
        draft of the disman-expression MIB, not on RFC 2982.
        The first draft contained the expNameTable, while
        RFC 2982 does not.

Group                                   Manager Agent
dismanExpressionResourceGroup           -       y
dismanExpressionDefinitionGroup         -       y
dismanExpressionValueGroup              -       y

For the following objects, use "full" to indicate that
the full SYNTAX and MAX-ACCESS are supported; "sub" to
indicate that either MIN-ACCESS or refined SYNTAX applies;
or "-" if the object is not implemented.

Object                                  Manager         Agent
expResourceDeltaMinimum                 -                full
expObjectSampleType                     -                full
expObjectIDWildcard                     -                full
expObjectDiscontinuityIDWildcard        -                -
expObjectConditionalWildcard            -                full

Manager Interoperates with: _________________________
Agent Interoperates with: Cisco's SNMP PROXY MANAGER implementation.
        Details: the CISCO-5800-HEALTH-MON-MIB on the System Controller
        for the a5800 platform sets "expressions" on the individual
        router-shelves of the as5800 to monitor iomem utilization.

        RMON alarms are configured to watch the above expressions,
        and to trigger a notification to the System Controller
        when the desired threshold is exceeded.