Subject: alarm corelation at NOMS 2002

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:10:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi -

I was looking at the technical program for
http://www.comsoc.org/confs/noms/2002/Program1.html
and see that they're doing a session on alarm
corelation.  Does anyone have more detail on this?

 ------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn          BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 [email-masked]  2141 North First Street
 Tel: +1 408 546-1006   San José, California 95131  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 ------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:41:16 +0100

>>>>> Randy Presuhn writes:

Randy> I was looking at the technical program for
Randy> http://www.comsoc.org/confs/noms/2002/Program1.html and see
Randy> that they're doing a session on alarm corelation.  Does anyone
Randy> have more detail on this?

Alarm correlation is an ongoing topic on IM and NOMS conferences for
several years now. It is obviously an interesting problem where lots
of algorithms exist and there is still room for new ones.

If you seek more information about this particular session at NOMS
2002, you may want to contact the session chair Joe Hellerstein
<[email-masked]> or even better just go there. :-)

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder      University of Osnabrueck
<[email-masked]>       Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science
Phone: +49 541 969 2483    Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Fax:   +49 541 969 2770    <http://www.informatik.uni-osnabrueck.de/>