Subject: Submission of ARC mib version 03

From: "Lam, Hing-Kam (Kam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:24:05 -0400

Hi,

ARC MIB version 03 has been submitted.
Here is a summary of the changes, including those have been
discussed and suggested in the 54th IETF meeting:

Technical changes
  (1) adding arcRowStatus into the arcTable and arcSettingGroup
  (2) changing MAC-ACCESS of arcAlarmType to not-accessible
  (3) changing MAC-ACCESS of arcState to read-create
  (4) define a IANAItuProbableCauseOrZero TC with syntax Unsigned32.
      So also remove the import of IANAItuProbableCause.
      Change the syntax of arcAlarmType from IANAItuProbableCause
      to IANAItuProbableCauseOrZero.
  (5) add a third index arcNotifictionId with syntax OID

Editorial changes
  (6) add the 2nd paragraph into section 6 to list the
      the objects that are read-create and read-write and describe 
      the risk when such objects get accessed by unauthorized source.
  (7) add the 6th paragraph into section 6 to note that the arc table
      is indexed by resource IDs, therefore there is potential of 
      leaking of resource IDs, unless VACM is configured correctly.
  (8) add sentences to the timer objects and arcEntry to describe
      persistence across agent restarts.
  (9) update MODULE-IDENTITY
 (10) add section 4.2 "IANA Consideration"
 (11) move much of the description text in the module identity to
      the arc table DESCRIPTION clause
 (12) typo and phrase fix

Regards,
Kam