Subject: [Disman] To-do items left over from San Francisco

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:24:20 -0700

Hi -

I looked through the minutes from our meeting in San Francisco, and
it looks like the following items remain to be done:

| 1. Sharon Chisholm tasked with drafting a "Thank You" message to the
| ITU-T Liaison, and sending the draft to the DISMAN wg.

Sharon?

| 8. For Script MIB and Schedule MIB - Randy to look at a questionnaire
| for implementation requests on these MIBs.

Mea culpa.

| 9. Remops MIB - if anyone is interested in assiting with edits, to
| contact RP on the disman mailing list.
|
| 10. Octet String in Remops MIB for payload - has a constraint related to
| ipv4 - computes
| pkt size - ipv4 hdr size. Need description clarification on what the
| object should do (return an error or silently truncate payload size)
| when transport type is ipv6 - Randy Presuhn suggested silently
| truncating. Need further
| discussion on the mailing list. This action item is assigned to Randy
| Presunhn.

Juergen Quittek accepted the job of handling
the edits.  Juergen, where are we?

| 10. Ram Kavasseri to initiate thread on taking Expression MIB to
| historic status.

This happened, but I don't feel like we really reached much of
a conlusion.  The current practice is to produce an informational
RFC to explain a decision to reclassify a document as "historic".
I didn't see a massive outpouring of volunteer effort to produce
such a document, so I'd rather spend our editor cycles on things
that clearly have a higher priority.

| 12. Need interoperability results (for event and notif-log mibs) summary
| on wg mailing list.
| Ram Kavasseri to drive the interoperability test effort. Results
|need to be posted to the wg by May.

Ram?

| 13. NetSNMP implements the EVENT-MIB - this MIB is the target of
| internal polling
| for NetSNMP apps. Wes Hardaker to provide pointers on how to set up a
| copy
| of NetSNMP running the EVENT-MIB for interoperability testing.

Wes?

| 14. Sharon to check and report back on implementations of log MIB at
| Nortel.

Sharon?

| 15. Updates for Expr, Event, Notif-Log MIB expected by April 1st.
| Editor needs to look at latest version of ID nits doc, the update to the
| RFC authors
| guidelines - for the ARC MIB update, as well as the latest guidelines
| for MIB reviewers.

Ram has already responded on this; beware the fast-approaching i-d cutoff.

| 16. Ram to repost implementation requests for the event, expression and
| notif-log mibs on the disman wg.

Ram?

If any of these are already done, please let me know.
If any of the items that I thought was done isn't, I'd like
to know about that as well.

Randy