Subject: RE: [Disman] Section 4.1.5 in draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-15.txt

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:56:34 -0400

Hi

The following is the proposed resolution to Randy-39  Assuming no objection,
this item will be considered closed conditional on the proposed edit being
done.

In section 4.1.5, replace:

"  The alarm model table can, and probably should, be initially
  populated by the system. The objects in alarmModelTable and
  ituAlarmTable have a MAX-ACCESS of read-write, which allows managers
  to modify the alarm models to suit their requirements."

With
  "The alarm model table SHOULD be initially
  populated by the system. The objects in alarmModelTable and
  ituAlarmTable have a MAX-ACCESS of read-write, which allows managers
  to modify the alarm models to suit their requirements."

Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Presuhn [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 2:48 PM
To: Disman (E-mail)
Subject: [Disman] Section 4.1.5 in draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-15.txt

Hi -

> From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
> To: "Disman (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>; "Randy Presuhn" 
> <[email-masked]>; "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)"
<[email-masked]>
> Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 7:34 AM
> Subject: [Disman] RE: Comments on draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-14.txt
...
> 39) 4.1.5: "table can, and probably should, be" ->
>     "table MAY be".  I don't think we had consensus
>     to make this a SHOULD, but I'm open to the possibility.
...

Proposed change:

OLD:
  The alarm model table can, and probably should, be initially
  populated by the system. The objects in alarmModelTable and
  ituAlarmTable have a MAX-ACCESS of read-write, which allows managers
  to modify the alarm models to suit their requirements.

NEW:
  The alarm model table MAY be initially
  populated by the system. The objects in alarmModelTable and
  ituAlarmTable have a MAX-ACCESS of read-write, which allows managers
  to modify the alarm models to suit their requirements.

(I have no problems with "SHOULD", but I think "can, and probably should"
does not belong in standards-track material.)

Randy

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:08:00 -0700

Hi -

> Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 9:56 AM
> Subject: RE: [Disman] Section 4.1.5 in draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-15.txt
...
...

A detail: the max access for the alarmModelTable's objects is read-create,
not read-write.

An open question (at this moment): depending on the clarification of the
life-cycle of ituAlarmTable entries, we may need to change them to read-create.

Randy

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:08:00 -0700

Hi -

...
...

Randy