Subject: RE: [Disman] Section 5.1 in draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-15.txt

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:01:18 -0400

Hi

The following is the proposed resolution to Randy-65. Assuming no objection,
this item will is closed with no changes to the draft.

Section 4.1.1 says 

"The relationship between the Alarm MIB and the other alarm model MIB
   modules is expressed by the following: The alarmModelTable has a
   corresponding table in the specific MIB. For each row in the
   specific MIB alarm model table there is one row in the
   alarmModelTable."

Therefore the distinction that Randy is making is a moot point.

Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Presuhn [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 6:32 PM
To: Disman (E-mail)
Subject: [Disman] Section 5.1 in draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-15.txt

Hi -

> From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
> To: "Disman (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>; "Randy Presuhn" 
> <[email-masked]>; "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)"
<[email-masked]>
> Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 7:34 AM
> Subject: [Disman] RE: Comments on draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-14.txt
...
> 65) 5.1: "about alarms" -> "about alarms modeled using the ituAlarmTable"
>     "total alarms" -> "total alarms modeled using the ituAlarmTable"
...

Though this item is identified as "changed", it looks like it only got half
done. As it stands, I think this sentence is still incorrect:

   The ituAlarmActiveStatsTable provides statistics on current and
   total alarms.

The number is the total for stuff modeled using the ituAlarmTable, not total
alarms in the system, right?

Randy

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:23:16 -0700

Hi -

> Cc: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 12:01 PM
> Subject: RE: [Disman] Section 5.1 in draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-15.txt
>

...

I disagree.  The current text effectively says that for each entry in the
alarmModelTable there will be zero or one entries in any
given specific MIB alarm model table, though one might argue whether
the limitations of alarmModelSpecificPointer result in a total limit of
1:(0,1) or 1:(0,n) where n is the number of specific models possible.
 So my question still stands:

Are the numbers in ituAlarmActiveStatsTable for stuff modeled using
the ituAlarmTable, or for the whole system?

Randy

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:23:16 -0700

Hi -

...

Randy