Subject: [Diversity] FW: Press Release: IEEE Photonics Society Raises Industry Awareness Through New Global Initiatives

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 20:48:01 +0100

In case others are not aware of this, here is an edit from an IEEE Photonics
Society press release.
 
Adrian
 
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Photonics Society
Sent: 04 October 2013 20:25
To: [email-masked];
[email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: Press Release: IEEE Photonics Society Raises Industry Awareness Through
New Global Initiatives
 
IEEE Photonics Society Raises Industry Awareness Through New Global Initiatives

Collaborating with IEEE Women in Engineering and the launch of a chapter in New
Delhi, the Society is focused on increasing member engagement and industry
relevance

Piscataway, NJ (October 1, 2013) - The IEEE Photonics Society (IPS), a leading
global network of scientists and engineers representing the laser,
optoelectronics and photonics community, continues to grow as a result of the
launch of several new programs since the start of 2013.

WOMEN IN ENGINEERING
In addition to NPI, IPS is collaborating with IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) to
showcase the volunteer efforts and dedication of their female members. Under the
leadership of IEEE Fellow and IPS President-Elect, Dalma Novak, and IEEE
Photonics Journal Editor-in-Chief, Carmen Menoni, the society's collaboration
with WIE is designed to encourage women around the world to pursue careers in
the photonics industry.

WIE plans to feature Novak in the December issue of IEEE WIE Magazine, which
will detail her industry accomplishments, leadership roles, and her vision for
the Society after she becomes president in 2014. Novak, as well as Menoni, will
participate in WIE Live-Chats throughout the remainder of the year with the goal
of spurring discussions that connect women engineers with the photonics
community.

To participate in the Dalma Novak, IPS President-Elect, Live-Chat, visit
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dalma-novak at 10:30am EDT on October 11, 2013.