Subject: [dix] BOF wrap up

From: John Merrells <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:32:31 -0600

I'm still working on the notes from the meeting, but
you can see the jabber log of the BOF here:

http://www.ietf.org/meetings/ietf-logs/[email-masked]/ 
2006-03-21.html

Some consensus questions were asked of the audience,
and there was some general agreement about some things
in the debate. In summary I believe they were:

- There is a real problem here and a debate around that should be  
held in the IETF.
- Clearly more formal requirements and use cases need to be worked on.
- To quote Lisa: Something is 'gelling' around user identifiers,  
perhaps as a URL.
- We should reuse existing technology where appropriate.

Next steps...

- We should put effort into a clearer problem definition, some  
compelling use cases,
and perhaps some detailed requirements. Email me if you're willing to  
commit
effort to that.

- A further investigation of existing technology.  In particular Bob  
and Jeff's comments
around SAML/Liberty/Shib was of interest to many.

Is the list in rough agreement of these next steps? Are there other  
actions the
group members think that we should take?

John

_______________________________________________
dix mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dix