Subject: [dmarc-ietf] ARC draft feedback

From: Erik Lax <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 23:57:20 +0200

We've been looking at implementing ARC in our MTA (Halon) and DKIM 
library and wanted to share the following findings

A. If the DKIM selectors DNS record includes the flag t=s, the DKIM 
standard says we should match the i= tag with the d= tag. This is of 
course not possible for AMS since i= is reused for instance. This was an 
exception we had make in our shared validator for AMS and DKIM. I think 
it should be mentioned somewhere if it's not.

B. There is plausibly a typo in 
draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-14#appendix-B.3.3 example where the 
"Authentication-Results: i=3; gmail.com; ..." header should probably be 
an AAR header since it begins with i=3; and is missing otherwise.

Regards

Erik

---

From: Seth Blank <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 15:27:54 -0700

Hi Erik,

Thank you very much for this feedback. We'll incorporate it into the next
revision of the draft.

Seth

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 2:57 PM, Erik Lax <[email-masked]> wrote:

> We've been looking at implementing ARC in our MTA (Halon) and DKIM library
> and wanted to share the following findings
>
> standard says we should match the i= tag with the d= tag. This is of course
> not possible for AMS since i= is reused for instance. This was an exception
> we had make in our shared validator for AMS and DKIM. I think it should be
> mentioned somewhere if it's not.
>
> B. There is plausibly a typo in draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-14#appendix-B.3.3
> example where the "Authentication-Results: i=3; gmail.com; ..." header
> should probably be an AAR header since it begins with i=3; and is missing
> otherwise.
>
> Regards
>
> Erik
>
> _______________________________________________
> dmarc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmarc
>