Subject: Re: [dmarc-ietf] Weakend Signatures vs Experimental draft

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 09:00:02 +0200

On Wed 30/Sep/2020 12:27:26 +0200 Douglas E. Foster wrote:
> Weakened signatures seem capable of getting to the desired goal more quickly 
> than the draft under consideration.
> 
> Building on prior discussions of conditional signatures, I define a "weakened 
> signature" as:
> one where SUBJECT is omitted from the header list, and l=0 is included to 
> exclude the body content.   The protected user-visible content becomes limited 
> to From, To, and Date headers.

+1, I'd support adopting draft-levine-dkim-conditional or equivalent.

I'd also support adopting some kind of DKIM Transformation.  Note that the 
latter can be conceived as "not-so-strengthened signatures", in the sense that 
exotic fields (such as Sender:) are not signed.  Similar benefits, less 
disadvantages.

Best
Ale
--