Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Announcing DMARCbis Editors

From: Seth Blank <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 09:29:28 -0700

One of the primary activities of the WG to review and improve the base
DMARC specification. As the chairs  sat down and reviewed the issues raised
by everyone in the issue tracker
(https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dmarc/report/1), we felt it would be better to
split RFC7489 into three
documents. All this work will benefit from multiple document editors
working on specific pieces and interacting with the WG. After an open call
for volunteers, we selected individuals from the community with the idea of
balancing bringing new document authors with those with experience with the
IETF process.

Assuming draft-kucherawy-dmarc-dmarcbis is adopted (see the adoption thread
started by Tim), we will then split the draft into three documents scoped
as follows, with the corresponding editors below.

The drafts will live in GitHub, but all issues are to be managed via the
IETF Trac tool. All issues will continue to be discussed and resolved on
the mailing list.

1. Base Spec

* Define terms and operational implications that are now better understood
* Clean up confusing or remove unused tags
* Address nits and errata
* Clarify Organizational Domain lookups or remove definition from base spec
* Incorporate ARC or something that deals with indirect mailflows

Editors:
- Emil Gustafsson, Google
- Todd Herr, Valimail
- John Levine

2. Aggregate reporting

* Address reporting nits and clarifications
* Provide for more flexible reporting
* Handle ARC data in a structured manner

Editors
- Alex Brotman, Comcast

3. Failure reporting

* Create a simplified failure report
* Address privacy considerations

Editors
- Steve Jones, LinkedIn
- Alessandro Vesely

Thanks everyone, and join us in thanking our editors for volunteering,

Seth, Tim, and Alexey, as Chairs

-- 

*Seth Blank* | VP, Standards and New Technologies
*e:* [email-masked]
*p:* 415.273.8818

This email and all data transmitted with it contains confidential and/or
proprietary information intended solely for the use of individual(s)
authorized to receive it. If you are not an intended and authorized
recipient you are hereby notified of any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the information included in this transmission is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Please immediately notify the sender by replying to
this email and then delete it from your system.