Subject: Re: [dmarc-ietf] Experiments

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 22:46:11 +0000

On September 24, 2021 1:43:25 AM UTC, Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>On Thursday, September 23, 2021 3:03:39 AM EDT Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 1:59 PM Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
>> 
>> wrote:
>> > I can comment on the status of PSD.
>> 
>> Please do!
>
>There is progress, but it is still early to expect much in the way of 
>information.  Keep in mind that RFC 9091 is less than two months old.
>
>As most of you will probably recall from the discussion around PSD DMARC, the 
>ICANN managed TLDs (essentially everything except ccTLDs and a few special 
>cases like .mil and .gov) require permission to publish via non-IETF 
>processes.
>
>I'm aware of three PSDs which currently publish records.  Both .gov.uk and 
>.mil have had records published for some time.  Additionally, .police.uk 
>published a record in July of this year.  I understand that .gov plans to 
>publish their record this month.
>
>Until we see publication from an ICANN managed TLD, I don't think we'll have 
>enough variety to seriously begin the assessments contemplated in the 
>experiment section of RFC 9091, so it's difficult to predict how soon we will 
>have conclusions.  This isn't the right place to go into details on non-IETF 
>processes.
>
>Based on what I've heard so far, the PSD records are being queried and there 
>is some feedback reporting, so I'm confident we'll get data once we get a 
>little further on deployment.
>
>If anyone is aware of others, please let me know.

Small update, earlier this month .gov published their PSD record.

Scott K